KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

55 minutes ago, Steven B said:

1951 if the caption on this photo (not mine!) is to be believed:

12933659915_e83fb13b6a_z.jpg

15227 and 10100 at Eastbourne for the 1951 International Timetable Conference by Charlie Verrall, on Flickr

Although it looks to have only two horns on the cab roof rather than four on the prototype model.

Stevnen B.

Well I never realised the Fell visited the south coast during its life, would it have been black or green in 1951?

59 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Well I never realised the Fell visited the south coast during its life, would it have been black or green in 1951?

Not surprising, really, as the Southern was being used to test the other main line diesels at the time, its own and the LMS ones. 10800 also ran through to Brighton from the ER on at least one occasion. (CJL)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Might well  have been towed there?  

And we never got things like that at the conference in later years although an effort was made by some host nations to try and get a venue near some water so that a boat trip could be enjoyed on the 'social' afternoon. (Rather difficult when the conference was held in Grindelwald so it was the chance of a trip up to the Jungfrau instead on an individual basis.). But nobody seemrd to be interested in showing off their latest traction or trains. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Black, it was there for an exhibition - it isn't working in any of the photos, always attached to a 350hp shunter. It was photographed at an exhibition at Marylebone when newly built as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 4 weeks later...

On 15/11/20 Pre Grouping Fan said;

Before I send an email to KR models, is the website showing lower prices for anyone else (125 for DCC ready and 207.5 for DCC sound) Also under DCC Ready its showing BR green and Brunswick as liveries instead of Black and Green.

Is it just me ?

I think you will find that the prices shown on KR Models website are net of VAT. Addding 20% to these prices will bring cost up to the actual purchase level. P&P also needs to be added.

Yes, for some reason. the website does offer the option of BR Green and Brunswick Green instead of Green and Black for the CC ready model. I am sure the former is an error which needs correcting by KR Models. I am certain that the correct livery options were shown when I placed my order earlier this year.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, locoman462 said:

Yes, for some reason. the website does offer the option of BR Green and Brunswick Green instead of Green and Black for the CC ready model. I am sure the former is an error which needs correcting by KR Models. I am certain that the correct livery options were shown when I placed my order earlier this year.

Fixed it now, honestly have no idea how they came out skew-wiff like this now. They were correct as of a week ago.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/11/2020 at 06:56, KR Models said:

Fixed it now, honestly have no idea how they came out skew-wiff like this now. They were correct as of a week ago.

I’ve messaged you twice on your website about full cost of the Fell diesel using pay in instalments, but have revived no reply, is there an issue with it? 
Thanks Mick 

3 hours ago, thunderer08 said:

I’ve messaged you twice on your website about full cost of the Fell diesel using pay in instalments, but have revived no reply, is there an issue with it? 
Thanks Mick 

Full cost is split up into 3 payments for Ready and 4 payments for Sound + delivery. £4.50 for UK, £19 for rest of Europe, and £23 for anywhere else in the world. Both have a £50 initial deposit to make.

4 hours ago, KR Models said:

Full cost is split up into 3 payments for Ready and 4 payments for Sound + delivery. £4.50 for UK, £19 for rest of Europe, and £23 for anywhere else in the world. Both have a £50 initial deposit to make.

Thanks for your reply, can you confirm when each payment would be taken for the sound version and total cost?

28 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Why not tell him now?  Its something he is entitled to know BEFORE entering into a contract.

Because the dates for the payments are based on when the payment plan is opened. We only set the payment frequency and plan length. Payments come out every 2 months for both plans until the plan is completed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, KR Models said:

Because the dates for the payments are based on when the payment plan is opened. We only set the payment frequency and plan length. Payments come out every 2 months for both plans until the plan is completed. 

I ask as on your site it appears I would make two payments, the £50 deposit and then the remaining amount.

Also your site says sound fitted Fell diesel costs £207.50 but if paying via instalments the cost appears to be £253.50.

I am fully supportive of KR models and wish you every success but you need to make it clear how much total costs will be regardless of payment method and explain how many payments are required when paying via instalments.

It is anything but clear.

It has put me off ordering

9 minutes ago, thunderer08 said:

I ask as on your site it appears I would make two payments, the £50 deposit and then the remaining amount.

Also your site says sound fitted Fell diesel costs £207.50 but if paying via instalments the cost appears to be £253.50.

I am fully supportive of KR models and wish you every success but you need to make it clear how much total costs will be regardless of payment method and explain how many payments are required when paying via instalments.

9 minutes ago, thunderer08 said:

As it is going ahead, it would appear that thousands of others, me included, have found it quite clear and have not been put  off ordering.

Edited by D9001
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, thunderer08 said:

The lower price is ex VAT I imagine and once you go to pay it automatically calculates whether it needs adding on depending on your address. Paying by installments doesn't cost extra. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, thunderer08 said:

£207.50 + 20% VAT + £4.50 shipping = £253.50

Cheers

Darius

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

10 hours ago, thunderer08 said:

This has been an issue from the start with this cart system.  The VAT and shipping is added in the cart depending on your shipping location.  There is no increase for using our payment plan system.  The full price is £253.50. £207.50 is the base price before the additions, which you'll see in the cart before you complete your purchase.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

There appears to be a slight divergence from legal requirements in respect of prices shown on KR's website.  The ASA and HMRC require that UK advertised retail prices should include VAT and the ASA has ruled in a previous case (Vistaprint 2012) that it is misleading not to do so.   So if you are selling goods in the UK market the code shown below applies - whether or not it causes problems with your accounting (although that is, I believe, likely in any case to change from 01 January).  And what matters is the fact that goods are being sold in the UK, the status or national origin of any business - even if it is not a registered or limited company in the UK - is not relevant.

This is the relevant ASA Code  - 3.19

Quoted prices must include non-optional taxes, duties, fees and charges that apply to all or most buyers.  However VAT exclusive prices may be given if all those to whom the price claim is clearly addressed pay no VAT or can recover VAT.  Such VAT-exclusive prices must be accompanied by a prominent statement of the amount or rate of VAT payable.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1