KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Is it pictured alongside H/O stock or was it quite tall compared to other stock?

00, 2 Lima Mk1s, 2 Bachmann Mk1 suburbans, 2 older Hornby Gresley's, and another Lima Mk1 by the look of them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 10/04/2021 at 12:32, NoDominion said:

Will the Fell be ready in time for Delivery this year or will it arrive next year? 

That, is the question.

No it isn't. As with all new stuff that I have ordered, the question is "will it be delivered before I join the choir celestial?" 

• Friendly/supportive 4

1 hour ago, 80105 said:

kr models appear to proceed to production at a reasonable pace compared to the Bachmann j39 been waiting several years and nothing of note appears to have happened so far

or the N-gauge J72 that Bachmann/Farish announced to (successfully) kill off Dapol's then after a couple of years found they couldn't manage the technology to make it work :(

Les

• RMweb Gold

Ive still not found a picture of Fell, in the exact render the EPs have been shown, relating to nose grills and roof vents, amongst other aspects.

is this a Generic Fell encompassing several iterations of its life in one model ?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Ive still not found a picture of Fell, in the exact render the EPs have been shown, relating to nose grills and roof vents, amongst other aspects.

is this a Generic Fell encompassing several iterations of its life in one model ?

I don't think you ever will find a prototype version which matches the detail on the EP because as far as several people who know a lot about the loco, having deeply researched it, can trace (and as study of numerous photos indicates) the EP reflects a mixture rather than the appearance at any particular date.   Without a doubt the best current authority on the subject is Mike Edge who spent a very long time researching changes to the loco when developing his kit of it and which changes took place at what dates (as far as they could be traced) and which things could or couldn't be seen on the loco at the same time.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

I don't think you ever will find a prototype version which matches the detail on the EP because as far as several people who know a lot about the loco, having deeply researched it, can trace (and as study of numerous photos indicates) the EP reflects a mixture rather than the appearance at any particular date.   Without a doubt the best current authority on the subject is Mike Edge who spent a very long time researching changes to the loco when developing his kit of it and which changes took place at what dates (as far as they could be traced) and which things could or couldn't be seen on the loco at the same time.

So its in the style of a Hornby class 21/29... both at once ?

I can live with it, given the alternatives available, but i’d have preferred it to have been accurate, even if only for 1 day.

I suppose the other options could have been each side representing a different period, or separate removable fittings (pop out grill / blank panel & interchangeable cab roof)... or failing that tooling it so future re-runs could reflect different periods (as other manufacturers do).

I hope someone pops up a picture and says bingo.

• RMweb Gold

I looked at modelling the Fell years ago and my research (photos and drawings) did not find the Fell in the condition of the EP, it has several modifications that were not concurrent.

I think of it as 'FrankenFell' :rolleyes:not very pretty to start with, and made worse by the modifications.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

So its in the style of a Hornby class 21/29... both at once ?

I can live with it, given the alternatives available, but i’d have preferred it to have been accurate, even if only for 1 day.

I suppose the other options could have been each side representing a different period,

Yes, one side with all the driving wheels coupled, the other with two pairs :)

• Funny 5

14 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I thought the purpose of an EP was to hang the different bits onto the same model to see if they work regardless of whether all of those bits would have been there at the same time....

Each EP costs money to make, so as many combinations are hung on one model as practical.  Helps keep the cost of the final model down.

Les

8 hours ago, Les1952 said:

I thought the purpose of an EP was to hang the different bits onto the same model to see if they work regardless of whether all of those bits would have been there at the same time....

Each EP costs money to make, so as many combinations are hung on one model as practical.  Helps keep the cost of the final model down.

Les

That is usually the case for EP models however in this case though I do think there's only 1 body for the fell featuring a selection  of the mods it received over the years. 

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Even if on that one day Fell looked liked the model but nobody photographed it, Fell still looked like the model. Who is to know?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Mike Harvey said:

Even if on that one day Fell looked liked the model but nobody photographed it, Fell still looked like the model. Who is to know?

Why bother making it look anything like the Fell then.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Mike Harvey said:

Erwin Schrödinger? 

• Funny 5

• 2 months later...