Jump to content

KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Hopefully when i receive my sound fitted Fell one of the functions won't include that awful music.

 

And here was I wondering if it would......

 

 

  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

 

And here was I wondering if it would......

 

 

We may have some corny music to follow.

Edited by KR Models
Did an oopsie
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
On 06/03/2021 at 23:03, Brian Hawkins said:

The Fell in action

 

 

Is it pictured alongside H/O stock or was it quite tall compared to other stock?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Is it pictured alongside H/O stock or was it quite tall compared to other stock?

00, 2 Lima Mk1s, 2 Bachmann Mk1 suburbans, 2 older Hornby Gresley's, and another Lima Mk1 by the look of them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Ah, the GT3 first run has been delivered, excellent! 
Now attention turns to the Fell.

Here is the big question:

 

Will the Fell be ready in time for Delivery this year or will it arrive next year? 
 

That, is the question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
On 10/04/2021 at 12:32, NoDominion said:

Will the Fell be ready in time for Delivery this year or will it arrive next year? 
 

That, is the question.

No it isn't. As with all new stuff that I have ordered, the question is "will it be delivered before I join the choir celestial?" 

  • Friendly/supportive 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

kr models appear to proceed to production at a reasonable pace compared to the Bachmann j39 been waiting several years and nothing of note appears to have happened so far

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 80105 said:

 Bachmann j39 been waiting several years and nothing of note appears to have happened so far

The Bachmann J39 that was deferred back in 2019?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 80105 said:

kr models appear to proceed to production at a reasonable pace compared to the Bachmann j39 been waiting several years and nothing of note appears to have happened so far

 

or the N-gauge J72 that Bachmann/Farish announced to (successfully) kill off Dapol's then after a couple of years found they couldn't manage the technology to make it work :(

 

Les

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course the reverse happens .. I wonder how many Fell kits Judith Edge kits have sold since the announcement of this version of the Fell?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold

Ive still not found a picture of Fell, in the exact render the EPs have been shown, relating to nose grills and roof vents, amongst other aspects.

 

is this a Generic Fell encompassing several iterations of its life in one model ?

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Ive still not found a picture of Fell, in the exact render the EPs have been shown, relating to nose grills and roof vents, amongst other aspects.

 

is this a Generic Fell encompassing several iterations of its life in one model ?

 

 

I don't think you ever will find a prototype version which matches the detail on the EP because as far as several people who know a lot about the loco, having deeply researched it, can trace (and as study of numerous photos indicates) the EP reflects a mixture rather than the appearance at any particular date.   Without a doubt the best current authority on the subject is Mike Edge who spent a very long time researching changes to the loco when developing his kit of it and which changes took place at what dates (as far as they could be traced) and which things could or couldn't be seen on the loco at the same time.

  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

I don't think you ever will find a prototype version which matches the detail on the EP because as far as several people who know a lot about the loco, having deeply researched it, can trace (and as study of numerous photos indicates) the EP reflects a mixture rather than the appearance at any particular date.   Without a doubt the best current authority on the subject is Mike Edge who spent a very long time researching changes to the loco when developing his kit of it and which changes took place at what dates (as far as they could be traced) and which things could or couldn't be seen on the loco at the same time.

So its in the style of a Hornby class 21/29... both at once ?

 

I can live with it, given the alternatives available, but i’d have preferred it to have been accurate, even if only for 1 day.

I suppose the other options could have been each side representing a different period, or separate removable fittings (pop out grill / blank panel & interchangeable cab roof)... or failing that tooling it so future re-runs could reflect different periods (as other manufacturers do).

 

I hope someone pops up a picture and says bingo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold

I looked at modelling the Fell years ago and my research (photos and drawings) did not find the Fell in the condition of the EP, it has several modifications that were not concurrent.

I think of it as 'FrankenFell' :rolleyes:not very pretty to start with, and made worse by the modifications.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

So its in the style of a Hornby class 21/29... both at once ?

 

I can live with it, given the alternatives available, but i’d have preferred it to have been accurate, even if only for 1 day.

I suppose the other options could have been each side representing a different period,

 

Yes, one side with all the driving wheels coupled, the other with two pairs :)

  • Funny 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Ive still not found a picture of Fell, in the exact render the EPs have been shown, relating to nose grills and roof vents, amongst other aspects.

 

is this a Generic Fell encompassing several iterations of its life in one model ?

 

 

 

I thought the purpose of an EP was to hang the different bits onto the same model to see if they work regardless of whether all of those bits would have been there at the same time....

 

Each EP costs money to make, so as many combinations are hung on one model as practical.  Helps keep the cost of the final model down.

 

Les

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Les1952 said:

 

I thought the purpose of an EP was to hang the different bits onto the same model to see if they work regardless of whether all of those bits would have been there at the same time....

 

Each EP costs money to make, so as many combinations are hung on one model as practical.  Helps keep the cost of the final model down.

 

Les

 

 

That is usually the case for EP models however in this case though I do think there's only 1 body for the fell featuring a selection  of the mods it received over the years. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, adb968008 said:

 

I can live with it, given the alternatives available, but i’d have preferred it to have been accurate, even if only for 1 day.

 

Even if on that one day Fell looked liked the model but nobody photographed it, Fell still looked like the model. Who is to know?

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mike Harvey said:

Even if on that one day Fell looked liked the model but nobody photographed it, Fell still looked like the model. Who is to know?

Why bother making it look anything like the Fell then.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Mike Harvey said:

Even if on that one day Fell looked liked the model but nobody photographed it, Fell still looked like the model. Who is to know?


Erwin Schrödinger? 

  • Funny 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.