RevolutioN Trains Announce Ecofrets in OO Gauge

sc2016

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/revolution-has-it-large-with-ecofrets/

Information from Above Link: 

Revolution Trains is upscaling its proposed Ecofret intermodal wagon to 00 gauge, 1:76 scale.

Revolution 3-car Ecofret

image.png.ea6efffc5859026879109e7e56ceb573.png

These wagons are in service with GBRf, DB and Freightliner and can be seen in blue, red and green. There are also sets running around in VTGs own, darker blue livery.

image.png.a1fb32903fb43ca5288fd4d20de9b23b.png

3-unit Ecofret in service with GBRf at Huntingdon on the ECML

The vehicles are widely seen in intermodal trains across the network. In a break from tradition, each deck is only 40′ long. In a market dominated by 40′ sea containers, this maximises the load that any given train can carry as there is not the wasted 20′ that can be found on trains comprising older 60′ wagons.

image.png.44e4f537813abdafd2d533246f32d49d.png

Route map showing use of Ecofret intermodal wagons

For flexibility in use, the centre vehicle has rotating spigots in the centre allowing the wagons to carry 20′ containers if needed. The Revolution model will replicate this.

image.png.bcb0c34749020ffba8a2709c3d4bb566.png

Rotating centre spigots on centre car

Revolution would like to thank VTG, GBRf, Freightliner and DB for their assistance in producing this model.

image.png.79666ad674edd88f54a7432c6a430a2e.png

We expect the order book to open in late 2019 or early 2020.

image.png

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Have you any CAD images with the colour schemes applied? I'm wondering what the difference is between Ecofret blue and the GBRf blue livery?

I've searched various wagons websites but not surprisingly they are photographed in a weathered state. There is a photo on the Railway Gazette page here with an FWA in dark blue and another photo on VTG's website here

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

No we don't - they are all in GBRf blue, the main difference is that the Ecofret branded ones have a large Ecofret vinyl on the deck.   The photos we've got show that they dirty and scratched quite quickly!

Attached should be an extract from the paint diagram showing the Ecofret branding

Cheers Mike

Ecofret.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was in two minds whether to order any of these or not as I have plenty of container carrying wagons but after reading this article (link below) and seeing the level of detail and print, it’s twisted my arm and shall be ordering some. Does anyone know when the order book will close for these? Just working out funds etc for how many I’m able to order against what I already have on preorder elsewhere.

https://www.keymodelworld.com/article/revolution-trains-ecofrets-oo-and-n-gauge

• Like 1

Hi Shoey,

I had been hoping to get a couple of Freightliner sets to mix into a rake but was fortunate, thanks to some eBay sales, to also be able to order the DB triple set after seeing a painted sample. There is an incredible amount of detail in the photos and these are very useful to create some accurate freight-liner trains.

Last week I got a nice box full of Arrans excellent C-Rail containers. The hardest/fun part was choosing which ones after watching various Anglo-Scottish workings on YouTube.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

We haven’t set an order book deadline for the Ecofrets but we’ve just had the painted samples not that long ago so I’d expect 4-6 weeks possibly slightly longer - as normal it will be on our website once decided. 

cheers Mike

Edited by red death
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

There is a triple set currently on test at the RTC Derby.

I may have to break out the credit card again...

Having said that - I presume the set at the RTC is the newer Ecofret2.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Yes, from what I have seen the Ecofret2 wagons look to be significantly different from the original build.

As Simon says they have different bogies, plus the outers now have spigots at the 20' point so in any three unit set all the decks can take both 40' and 20' containers.

cheers

Ben A.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...