RevolutioN Trains Announce Ecofrets in OO Gauge

sc2016

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, RP82 said:

According to my notes from 2 years ago Frieghtliner have 65 pairs, DB have 2 triplets and GBRF had* 32 triplets but I understand they have a lot more on order.

I haven't been spotting on a while so I'm working from an old wagon book. 

I believe the closest any would get to Cornwall would be the FL pairs working into Cardiff Wentloog and Bristol.

From a post on page 1, the newer orders have different bogies and extra spigots to mount 20' boxes on all decks

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

From a post on page 1, the newer orders have different bogies and extra spigots to mount 20' boxes on all decks

Thanks I missed that, it's not something I've had a chance to look at.

Also thanks to the @fat controller I didn't know the Bristol traffic had moved. I'm still catching up over the past two years.

On 30/05/2021 at 22:58, sc2016 said:

Hi @Ben A,

The information provided does help but as i try to buy items that have been in or near Cornwall it is harder to work out which ones to get as they don't go near in real life but i do buy other items that don't meet that exact criteria. Also i like to get different types of the same type of wagon for example i have got 2 different DRS intermodal flats.

I have also noticed that under one of the articles about the Ecofrets it says that there are 232 in service and 84 on order and i was wondering if anybody know the breakdown of how many are in service/ on order with each operator/ Lease Company? As i think that DB got 2 & Freightliner got 128.

Thanks,

Samuel.

Hi Samuel

I live in Cornwall and am afraid that we have no container traffic.  A trial ran to Par in the 1970s and that’s it.

Andrew

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

I notice Rails of Sheffield have them on Pre-order and I wondered how long it would be before they are released?

Thanks

Peter

Revolution’s very own website is good for this sort of information. From their Projects overview page:

9DECD9A4-01F2-43AF-8A38-79FAFD817256.jpeg.b02a6248178f01d534365bfea0f331df.jpeg

I’ve highlighted the “estimated delivery to the UK” bit. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

I presume you could only Pre-Order these Ecofrets and once the closure date went by that is it?

I notice Rails of Sheffield have them on Pre-order and I wondered how long it would be before they are released?

Thanks

Peter

Hello Peter,

Yes, that is right.  Our pricing structure is designed to 'reward' pre-order customers with a discounted price as we realise that ordering before the models are made is a bit of a leap of faith.

However, there is always a cohort of customers who prefer to buy post production - for a variety of perfectly good reasons - so Rails and other retailers usually take stocks for sale at a price that naturally includes a margin for them.

In terms of timings, the models are in production since, IIRC, August and in normal times we would be expecting them to have beeb shipped by now, however there are still some restrictions in China that slow production and current guidance is that these models will ship to the UK in the next 4-6 weeks.

Hope this is of use.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hello Peter,

Yes, that is right.  Our pricing structure is designed to 'reward' pre-order customers with a discounted price as we realise that ordering before the models are made is a bit of a leap of faith.

However, there is always a cohort of customers who prefer to buy post production - for a variety of perfectly good reasons - so Rails and other retailers usually take stocks for sale at a price that naturally includes a margin for them.

In terms of timings, the models are in production since, IIRC, August and in normal times we would be expecting them to have beeb shipped by now, however there are still some restrictions in China that slow production and current guidance is that these models will ship to the UK in the next 4-6 weeks.

Hope this is of use.

cheers

Ben A.

Can't get away from the day job? :jester:

Regards, Gerry.

• Funny 1

17 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hello Peter,

Hope this is of use.

cheers

Ben A.

Glad these will be on the way soon, obviously lots of the things have got in the way. Hopefully now the backlog of items due can begin to clear. Can't wait to see these in the flesh.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Sorry, I am suffering from brain fade. I asked in Scotland as to where they were to see whether or not I should buy some containers form the Yorkshireman's stall. I went off and bought some boxes, but for the life of me I cannot remember what you told me this morning regarding delivery.

Please help this person suffering from short term memory loss. 

Now, where was I this morning????????

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 96701 said:

Sorry, I am suffering from brain fade. I asked in Scotland as to where they were to see whether or not I should buy some containers form the Yorkshireman's stall. I went off and bought some boxes, but for the life of me I cannot remember what you told me this morning regarding delivery.

Please help this person suffering from short term memory loss. 

Now, where was I this morning????????

Their website says expected delivery in April 2022. Does that sound familiar? 

Edited by The Pilotman
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm sure I saw and announcement from RevolutioN on Facebook that these had arrived. Is this true? I was expecting an email asking for the outstanding balance, but I've had one come thru.  Any chance of confirmation was to whether these have arrived please? Tony.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tony Walker said:

I'm sure I saw and announcement from RevolutioN on Facebook that these had arrived. Is this true? I was expecting an email asking for the outstanding balance, but I've had one come thru.  Any chance of confirmation was to whether these have arrived please? Tony.

On their website it says they will be despatched after the IPAs and they appear to be in the middle of that process right now. I would deduce from that that the Ecofrets have arrived and the final billing and despatch is imminent. I also reckon that they’re likely to be pretty busy right now. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, The Pilotman said:

On their website it says they will be despatched after the IPAs and they appear to be in the middle of that process right now. I would deduce from that that the Ecofrets have arrived and the final billing and despatch is imminent. I also reckon that they’re likely to be pretty busy right now. 

Looks like my deduction was correct:

3F27FA46-80C3-4C70-99FA-F680400FC6E7.jpeg.e535ae6754ea073e7215aae65d219e45.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Got my hands on the DB cargo triples having collected them at Warley and they are absolutely stunning -  and surprisingly weighty.  

I've not given them a proper run yet but my expectation is that they will be really smooth.

Livery / details are superb and they perfectly accept the C-Rail 40 ft intermodal - well worth the wait to now have them.

Well done Revolution!

IMG_6819.jpeg

IMG_6818.jpeg

IMG_6820.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, peterfgf said:

I offered to pay the balance owing on my order of Ecofreights a couple of weeks ago because it was convenient for me to do so.  I got a terse email back telling me to read the website and wait.

Remember that RevolutioN are essentially a two-man band and from what I can gather they seem to have been tied-up for some time with sending out Cartic carriers to customers.  We obviously know that the Ecofrets are here (and have been for a while, so I believe).  I doubt that they are being held up on purpose, so I'd guess that patience might be key.  🙂

Best

Al

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 26/11/2022 at 23:58, Michael Hodgson said:

Looks good although the colours seem unduly bright.

Suppose I've never seen them ex-works.

To be honest I think that on pretty much every DB item I've bought the red has been RED! - Nothing a little gentle weathering won't remedy though :)

• Agree 1