RevolutioN Trains Announce PFA in N Gauge

sc2016

51 minutes ago, Ben A said:

Hi Duncan,

We won’t close the order book until liveries are finalised and approved, and at the moment we are only at the early stages, with EP1 samples expected very soon, so there’s a fair few months yet I’d say.

Cheers

Ben A.

Thanks Ben,

That's fine. I am looking at ordering 8 packs so that time scale will give me time to save up.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hi Duncan,

We won’t close the order book until liveries are finalised and approved, and at the moment we are only at the early stages, with EP1 samples expected very soon, so there’s a fair few months yet I’d say.

Cheers

Ben A.

That is good news, as I want to place an order for all the Cawoods packs, but finances have had to go elsewhere.

Would you ever consider a different payment plan option, monthly, 1/8s 1/4s etc?  I'd definately be able to sign up sooner if that was the case (or maybe I could actually save up in anticipation!!)

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stuey,

The problem with payment plans is that they take up a disproportionate amount of admin time.  We do understand that staged payments can be helpful, and what we are offering at the moment is designed to balance the needs of the customer with the time we have available!

Just a thought - what about just ordering one or two packs at a time?

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Ben A said:

Hi Stuey,

The problem with payment plans is that they take up a disproportionate amount of admin time.  We do understand that staged payments can be helpful, and what we are offering at the moment is designed to balance the needs of the customer with the time we have available!

Just a thought - what about just ordering one or two packs at a time?

cheers

Ben A.

Thaks Ben, completely understand this issue, I could solve it myself by actually saving, though there's always something else that catches my eye!

Good idea about ordering a pack at a time, hadn't thought of that.  But would I not be charged postage on each order?

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi, 

On the stand at Ally Pally the gypsum containers were in the cabinet, in complete looking packaging - I didn’t get chance to speak to anyone, are these now on the way/here?  
Many thanks

Simon

1 hour ago, MrSimon said:

Hi, 

On the stand at Ally Pally the gypsum containers were in the cabinet, in complete looking packaging - I didn’t get chance to speak to anyone, are these now on the way/here?  
Many thanks

Simon

From the website, hope it helps, expected delivery date April-Early May

image.png.8100badc23aa86267941b2595829a88d.png

Edited by Scott B
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Daz1 said:

Hi Ben/Mike

Any Update on PFA delivery? 

On 15/06/2022 at 18:12, Revolution Ben said:

Hi all,

When we have an update it'll go on our project page.

cheers

Ben A.

From said project page:

IMG_2003.jpeg.9b3d1cbd9e7260261d3efc0ff30e6401.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The PFAs and gypsum container packs are now in stock.  Shipments (and any balance invoices due) will start over the next few days but the bulk will go out next week after TINGS.

If you would like to collect your order(s) from us TINGS please let us know before 9pm on Thursday (7/9) by filling in the short form on our website: https://revolutiontrains.com/pfa-gypsum-container-pack-order-collections-tings-2023/ (you'll get your postage refunded and also be able to pay any balance due).

Cheers Mike

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I’m not 100% sure which of our retailers are going to TINGS - I think Rainbow and Kernow (both of whom we will try to get their stock if we can for the start of the show). 

It is always a balance to try and get orders out to direct customers vs also supplying retailers. 

Cheers Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Unboxed and they are lovely little models. Quite a large coupling gap which shorter shank couplings will hopefully improve.

One of the coupling boxes fell off when unboxing, so take care when removing from packaging. I'll use that particular one as the end wagon in the rake.

Just wondering if it's worth me finishing off the 10 C-Rail kits I started many moons ago.

PXL_20230918_120831512.jpg

PXL_20230918_120649586.jpg

Edited by Stuart A
spelling
  • Like 7

I Agree,

These wagons are exquisite! The detail and quality of the printing is superb. Colour rendition is excellent and they run beautifully. There is a plethora of fine detail and the very small mounting pins hold the containers securely. Top marks in every way.

I have used short couplings instead of those provided and it has considerably improved the look of the rakes.

Ged.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, gedlee said:

I Agree,

These wagons are exquisite! 

I have used short couplings instead of those provided and it has considerably improved the look of the rakes.

Ged.

Ged - 

Whose short couplings are you using? Are your PFAs still OK on gentle curves? 
Thanks

The short couplings are Graham Farish and they really improve the rakes. They work well on gentle and tighter curves. To ensure they stay coupled I paint them with some matt acrylic paint to remove the shine. They are sold in bags of 20.

cheers,

Ged.

8 hours ago, gedlee said:

The short couplings are Graham Farish and they really improve the rakes. They work well on gentle and tighter curves. To ensure they stay coupled I paint them with some matt acrylic paint to remove the shine. They are sold in bags of 20.

cheers,

Ged.

Thank you for the tip. An online search indicates the Farish pack code 379-402.