Accurascale announces at KUA in OO gauge

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

If I order this set, do I have to pay the full amount upfront or can I put a deposit down and pay the balance once they have arrived in the UK?  December is a expensive month for me without the added Christmas and New Year expense, and with a limited budget each month, I have to watch the pennies.

You're welcome to order and choose Direct Debit, which defers payment, they are due to board ship in a few weeks time, so you have as much as 8-10 weeks if you want to spread payments. Hope that helps!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/12/2020 at 13:25, McC said:

You're welcome to order and choose Direct Debit, which defers payment, they are due to board ship in a few weeks time, so you have as much as 8-10 weeks if you want to spread payments. Hope that helps!

Ordered, couldn’t really let those two go, even though they don’t fit into my modelling location.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

They're mistaken, as they are not. Could it be the Revolution N gauge ones?

It could be, but the website specifically says Accurascale and refers to them as 00.  They don't seem to stock the Revolution N gauge ones or anything by Revolution for that matter.

https://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/accurascale-wagons-oo-gauge/accurascale-nuclear-flask/acc2400-kua-nuclear-flask-carrier-twin-pack/

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Walkes07 said:

Look on Olivia trains website today says the kua wagons are in stock.

Hi.

Just been on Olivias Trains website and it does say the OO gauge items are "In Stock Ready to Order".

As the people who make them don't have them yet, it seems like the "In Stock" bit is totally misleading, and the "Ready to Order" bit is applicable.

They're out of order for their statement.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just a small update with these; the freight situation out of China has not improved so it will be March for these I'm afraid. We're really sorry for this delay but our hands are tied on this one sadly and we tried our best. 

Thanks,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just a small update with these; the freight situation out of China has not improved so it will be March for these I'm afraid. We're really sorry for this delay but our hands are tied on this one sadly and we tried our best. 

Thanks,

Fran

Fran

Unlike the idiots on the news who are claiming they aren't aware of  the lockdown situation when they get raided by the police whilst holding a party, I'm sure all those on this forum can understand the circumstances around your announcement.

Graham

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi.

Just going back to Olivias Trains saying they have got these in stock : just been on their website within the last hour, and they still maintain that they are "In Stock Ready to Order".  Not only that, but they also state that if an item has got a price next to it, it is in stock ; and the KUA's have a price of £160 against them.  They are definitely listed as the OO gauge version.

In connection with my order for the AS TPE mk5's :

I have just ordered a TPE class 68 Achilles in OO, from them, which they also reckon is in stock, and yet no-one else has them, not even Dapol !!  I've ordered next day delivery, so I'll see if it arrives.

If it does I'll let you know here.

Edited by pylonman

58 minutes ago, pylonman said:

Just going back to Olivias Trains saying they have got these in stock : just been on their website within the last hour, and they still maintain that they are "In Stock Ready to Order".  Not only that, but they also state that if an item has got a price next to it, it is in stock ; and the KUA's have a price of £160 against them.  They are definitely listed as the OO gauge version.

... I've ordered next day delivery, so I'll see if it arrives.

Other than disappointment, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here?

Accurascale themselves have said (not 3 posts before yours) that these will not arrive in the UK before March. I'd tend to believe the Accurascale team over what a retailer (who has a reputation for being dodgy) says on their website!

We'll all have to be patient, and look forward to the arrival of these wagons in March!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, pylonman said:

Hi.

In connection with my order for the AS TPE mk5's :

I have just ordered a TPE class 68 Achilles in OO, from them, which they also reckon is in stock, and yet no-one else has them, not even Dapol !!  I've ordered next day delivery, so I'll see if it arrives.

Olivias site now says pre order due March 2021

As for class 68 Rails showed they had arrived yesterday but all their allocation was sold out to pre orders

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tugs said:

I think that's in reference to the 68 isn't it?

2 hours ago, pylonman said:

and yet no-one else has them, not even Dapol !

I have two!

Olivia's probably have them as they are dearer than everywhere else (and therefore will sell out last). I paid £136 each for my pair from Hattons and they came yesterday. Olivia's AFAIK are at £160 or £180 a loco.

Anyway, plenty of talk about who has and doesn't have a TPE 68 on the 68 thread:

• RMweb Premium
On 23/01/2021 at 16:33, Tugs said:

Accurascale themselves have said (not 3 posts before yours) that these will not arrive in the UK before March. I'd tend to believe the Accurascale team over what a retailer (who has a reputation for being dodgy) says on their website!

We'll all have to be patient, and look forward to the arrival of these wagons in March!

Not trying the achieve anything.

Perfectly well aware of what AS position is........ and I am perfectly OK with AS, and having to wait

like everyone else, Thanks.

I have actually contacted Olivia's pointing out that their advert is incorrect.

Maybe that's why they've now changed it ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 22/01/2021 at 15:40, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Fran

I was just wondering if you can give any more certainty around the delivery timetable for these.  I appreciate that you can't give a definite date, due to the risk of delays at ports and customs, but can you give us any hint on when these might arrive?

Thanks

Roddy

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Roddy Angus said:

Hi Fran

I was just wondering if you can give any more certainty around the delivery timetable for these.  I appreciate that you can't give a definite date, due to the risk of delays at ports and customs, but can you give us any hint on when these might arrive?

Thanks

Roddy

Hi Roddy,

It will be towards the end of March if everything runs smoothly, so let's keep our fingers crossed they do not get stuck for weeks like the JSAs!

We will of course keep you up to date on any developments should they happen.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

50 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Thanks very much Fran, I appreciate that a lot of the shipping process is out with your direct control.

Roddy

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Roddy Angus said:

Thanks very much Fran, I appreciate that a lot of the shipping process is out with your direct control.

Roddy

For a discount on their locos, do you think we could all offer to blow up our inflatable dinghies? I reckon I could get at least 20 KUAs in mine :yes:

Roy

• Funny 2

On 25/02/2021 at 09:16, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Roddy,

It will be towards the end of March if everything runs smoothly, so let's keep our fingers crossed they do not get stuck for weeks like the JSAs!

Cheers!

Fran

End of each month suits me fine, just after card statement day! As long as you don't release too many things in the same month!:swoon:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, ac1874 said:

How is end of March looking? I'm guessing customs are still slow, either because there is a backlog or they are playing trains.....

We should know more next week, but we do expect it to be another few weeks before we get them in and then back out of the warehouse. Once we have news we will keep you posted! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Is there any likelihood of the earliest livery being produced - the all-green, no yellow panels?

Did you mean to post this here? I assume you are talking 37s?

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 1