Accurascale announces at KUA in OO gauge

Nice photos Mevaman1.

Has anybody noticed the cylinders on the top of the wagon platforms? I wonder what they are for? One seems covered and the other isn't.

image.png.0e226c758c1902cbf2a9c905f702d18e.png

I wonder if they are carried when empty and used a fixture when the sub-core is in place? 

6 minutes ago, D9502 said:

Nice photos Mevaman1.

Has anybody noticed the cylinders on the top of the wagon platforms? I wonder what they are for? One seems covered and the other isn't.

I wonder if they are carried when empty and used a fixture when the sub-core is in place? 

Yep - I have always wondered this.  Other more recent photos do not have these present.

Following on from yesterday's missed delivery... I found out that the local post office opens at 0600, so got up early, dropped my wife at work (she doesn't start until 8.30 but needs must...) and then went to collect my parcel.

Having got the box home, I've just been sitting here in stunned amazement at these absolute beauties. Everything that everyone above has said is true about them. The quality of packaging, the attention to detail and the sheer weight of these wagons all just make these simply outstanding. Once we can get them on to exhibition layouts and the public can see them, I am sure that they will also appreciate the quality of these wagons.

Many thanks to everyone at Accurascale for making these happen and for making at least one customer very happy. All I've got to do now is to decide what to run them behind - any suggestions?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

Mine arrived yesterday, too. One buffer and one ladder off, but nothing a little bit of modelling can't resolve (plus, I'd rather stick with Accurascale's finess and suffer the occasional loose item, than have the horrendus blobs of excess glue that can be found on other products!)

Truly wonderful wagons, yet another tick in the box for the Accurascale team!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, D9502 said:

Nice photos Mevaman1.

They look like capstans, cannot imagine they need them for that purpose even if they hang around the docks all day, unless they are used for cable winching/guiding of some sort?

• RMweb Premium

Hi.

Picked mine up about an hour ago.

Absolutely fantastic.  Beautifully presented.

Really looking forward to the other nuclear gear and the Mk5's I've got on order.

Accurascale have really "raised the bar" with these !!!

Regards

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

Mine arrived yesterday - I can only echo the comments already here about being blown away (nuclear puns unintended...). The packaging is simply top notch, and the models are stunning in the detail and that weight should give it a really realistic feel moving on the rails. I'm waiting to move house soon before I can start to build a layout for them. I can't wait! Maybe it needs a dockyard area to shunt them...

One of the wagons did have the coupling upside-down in the NEM pocket, but that was all of 12 seconds work to pop it out and turn it over. Otherwise simply flawless. Can't wait for the Accurascale 37s :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well Mine arrived yesterday afternoon and certainly well worth the wait. As to be expected, a very high standard product from Accurascale. I just need to extend the layout to fit it all on now. Keep up the great work. Roll on the next batch of PFA's!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, mevaman1 said:

A full set is too long for my exhibition layout.  Luckily they’ll fit on the Club layout.  They look amazing.

A6255FD1-84E0-4DA6-88AF-9FBABB68C4C3.jpeg

Yes, I have come to the conclusion it won’t be running on my small branch line, but I am thinking about a nice long display case with Loco, coaches, wagons and maybe some line side police action...armed of course.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

Yes, I have come to the conclusion it won’t be running on my small branch line, but I am thinking about a nice long display case with Loco, coaches, wagons and maybe some line side police action...armed of course.

... no submarine then ?

• Like 2

BTW I have got my wagons now and they are fantastic. It also looks like gauging is better than a MK3, these are longer but the effective wheelbase is less. I was wondering if they'd not fit through my station which is set up for mk3s at worst.

20210529_092520.jpg.2d1c993fb9fb8cdda5f461f56fd9eba4.jpg

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

... no submarine then ?

Now there is a thought.....we live within 20 miles (thankfully over the river and dale :D) of nine old atomic subs presently being dismantled, I have plenty of modelling prototype info.......just one question.....will sea water ruin the MDF base of the display case? :lol:

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived earlier in the week, amazing models! You’ve inspired me to double my efforts to clear the garage so that I can start my layout. I packed my last one away when we moved 6 years ago and haven’t unpacked it yet. I have just preordered a class 37 to go with it.

I’m now planing  to add a transfer siding to my layout just for them, I’m using the one at Dungerness as inspiration, how would they be loaded in real life? Looking at Google Maps I’m sure you can see these in the sidings at Sellafield.

Edited by StuAllen
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Here’s a video that shows more images and slow run byes of these fantastic wagons. 

Off topic but what sound is in your 66s?

Nice video btw...

Thanks

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 28/05/2021 at 07:17, mevaman1 said:

Warrington January 2005.  Good use for the EWS Bachmann Observation Saloon.

368AE378-1089-45BC-B662-C1D040DB9672.jpeg

BC76F637-71F2-4782-9122-CA6F2B3F497F.jpeg

Great photos as a reference for weathering

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Off topic but what sound is in your 66s?

Nice video btw...

Thanks

ESU Loksound MKL V5 chip with the free download sound file from the official ESU website. Thanks for your positive feedback. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 28/05/2021 at 08:44, Harry Lime said:

Many thanks to everyone at Accurascale for making these happen and for making at least one customer very happy. All I've got to do now is to decide what to run them behind - any suggestions?

Don't forget that when empty these wagons can be seen running singly with a single DRS 66 or 37, or top and tailed by DRS 66's and no support coaches. Lots of photos online for shorter consists.

Got mine the othe day, beautiful model that runs perfectly despite numerous bogies and wheels. Ordered it by default when it came out and later wondered if I really wanted/needed them? Now I've got it it an amazing model. Very pleased. Will normally operate singly on my micro layout with various forms of DRS motive power.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2