A wharf layout in O Gauge for a small space

kirtleypete

I have been building this little self contained wharf layout for a customer. The pictures were taken indoors so are not all that sharp but they should give the impression of how it looks. The plan shows the layout as originally drawn and not many changes have needed to be made. The warehouse acts as a fiddle yard hiding a complete train, and has been made removeable for obvious reasons! I have used Peco Set Track and for a location such as this it works really well; the loco's have no problem running through the sharp points. The period is the early 1960's ( depending on when the 05 was built!)

Peter

FM8.jpg

WHARF LAYOUT PLAN SMALL.jpg

FM7.jpg

FM6.jpg

FM5.jpg

FM4.jpg

FM3.jpg

FM2.jpg

FM1.jpg

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

As it's too damp to take the layout outside I've had a play indoors, backdating it to the 1880's with stock from Saltdean. I know the track would have looked different then but apart from that only the phone box and Bill Haley graffiti are out of place. 

Peter

SAL 4.jpg

SAL 1.jpg

SAL 2.jpg

SAL 3.jpg

SAL 5.jpg

• Like 12

8630084495_523e595b8e_c.jpg100_1064 by Phil Traxson, on Flickr  25604771587_1cb479baa0_c.jpgLINDYS 0-6-0t & GWYN 0-4-0t by Phil Traxson, on Flickr

These point levers for inset track are available from myself a Port Wynnstay Models. Seen here fitted to my 7mm narrow gauge layout with unfinished paint. They are 7mm standard gauge and modelled on a dimensioned photo on RM Web of some in Bristol Docks. £1.35 each.

Phil T.

Edited by Phil Traxson
added picture
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Phil Traxson said:

8630084495_523e595b8e_c.jpg100_1064 by Phil Traxson, on Flickr  25604771587_1cb479baa0_c.jpgLINDYS 0-6-0t & GWYN 0-4-0t by Phil Traxson, on Flickr

These point levers for inset track are available from myself a Port Wynnstay Models. Seen here fitted to my 7mm narrow gauge layout with unfinished paint. They are 7mm standard gauge and modelled on a dimensioned photo on RM Web of some in Bristol Docks. £1.35 each.

Phil T.

hi phil, what do you get for your money, have you a pic of the item before fitting it on the baseboard ?

I haven't got a photo  of the item on its own. It is a one piece rectangular flat casting, a couple of mm thick, with detail cast into the top, the ones in the photo's have been trimmed on one or more edges to fit the space I have on the layout. It represents a concrete pad with the lever in the slot and chequer plate covers over the operating gear/ connections to the tie bar. It is intended to mount flush with the surface. I originally made it for my own use but was asked by enough people if it was available to buy that I added it to my range. The Port Wynnstay reference is PW 115. 

• 1 month later...