Hornby TTS HST Speakers

nhdesigns

Basically I'm looking at buying the new Hornby Paxman Valenta Twin Track Sound decoders for one of my executive livery HST pack and basically would like to know a bit more about speakers. I've seen in the review of them that a set of Zimo 40mm by 20mm speakers were used instead of the original speakers to enhance the sound, although I heard it and wasn't sure if there was much difference. Would they be better than the original speakers that come with the decoders? Or is there any other speakers that would be suitable in giving better sound.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Richard Croft said:

I’d use the megabass speakers personally, just as easy to fit but much more powerful, and cheaper!

Richard

I can second this. Richards megabass speakers sound awesome with TTS and are relatively straightforward to fit into an HST.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Richard Croft said:

I’d use the megabass speakers personally, just as easy to fit but much more powerful, and cheaper!

Richard

I saw this video as well and the sound was more defined than that of the zimo speakers Hornby used in its review of them.  I'll take a look at them and might get them to go with the sound chips. I've seen how easy it is to replace the existing speakers that come with the TTS sound chips and also seen how tricky the original ones with fitting without having to clip part of them in order to get them to fit properly.

• Like 1