Ferrywagon VIX from N-Gauge Society

Padishar Creel

• RMweb Gold

I seem to recall reading earlier this year that the next NGS RTR project might be announced at one of the big shows (TINGS or Warley) so perhaps this could be it. A very welcome addition in my opinion if this is the case. 

Although I'm not a Committee Member, I can confirm that the VIX FerryVan is indeed the next RTR project from the N Gauge Society. I was party to the discussions over the weekend as I was on duty behind the N Gauge Society Stand and the Chairman updated the Website on the Sunday whilst attending the show.

There were numerous discussions about which Liveries will be avaiable, but nothing concrete in that department just yet, there will be a more concerted effort around this project after the delivery & distribution of the Hunslets, which is scheduled for, hopefully, January 2020.

Regards

Neal.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

It’s been a long time since this thread was last updated but the N gauge society Ferrywagons arrived three or so months ago. I picked up three at the International N Gauge show and they are lovely models. Well done to the N Gauge Society volunteers who made this model happen, and to the manufacturing partner who produced them. 

To me they are detailed models that really look the part.  The livery application and printing is all excellent. One point to note is that they aren’t very free running out of the box but I resolved this with a little grease on the axle ends and by easing the brake rigging.   I haven’t encountered any problems with decoupling or derailments despite the long wheelbase.

IMG_4677.jpeg

IMG_4674.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

These are also available as undecorated or chassis only. The chassis only option is useful as it is the same WB as many European ferry vans that visited the UK.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

These are also available as undecorated or chassis only. The chassis only option is useful as it is the same WB as many European ferry vans that visited the UK.

I used an undecorated one to recreate the unique BR Black Large Logo version:

20230626_101152.jpg.4b1434a63f4a5fe2abf30eee9cbc14e4.jpg

• Like 4