Llanelly allocated GWR B sets

HI all

While browsing through the GWR.org site I came across a listing of various B Sets among which was a Diag E147 set branded "LLanelly No 4", Now the Lionheart/Dapol B set is I believe a Diag E140 so I was wondering if anyone had any idea if Llanelly sets 1, 2 or 3 were formed of E140's?

Ian

• RMweb Premium
On 23/11/2019 at 19:37, ianwales said:

I was wondering if anyone had any idea if Llanelly sets 1, 2 or 3 were formed of E140's?

Not helpful I'm afraid but was in the railway book shop at Waterloo today and had a look at a few books on Llanelli area and couldn't find any pics of B sets at all. Out of curiosity browsed on line with same (lack of) results. Depends what era you are modelling but certainly by BR days I would hazard a guess that the B sets had been transferred elsewhere and replaced by the mix of random stock (some ex LMS) in all the photos.

Having said that, I've seen that reference to No.4 and the chances are at least some would have been earlier diagrams, although they could just as easily have been any of the various 4 coach types.

6816, 6817, 6819 & 6821 (E147) were allocated new to Neath.  All other new build South Wales allocations were Cardiff Valleys  or Newport Divisions.  What division was Llanelli?

Edited by Penrhos1920