DRS 33/0 Twin Pack

Martin_R

• 1 month later...

Good to see this finally getting off the ground after Rail Exclusives dropped it...an interesting pair.

Don't know anything about Heljan loco's and the Class 33 but are these re-tooled or spruced up from previously tooled Heljan 33's?...apologies just read the link and yes indeed they are.

Edited by classy52

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, amarr40 said:

Hi Jeremy, thank you for sharing these photos with us they look great, for sure I’m very tempted now. Have a good day.

I was hesitant at first but they are indeed a superb addition to any fleet and i'm using them to haul the Accurascale Half Height Nuclear containers and the forthcoming KUA's. May not be exactly the era but they will look superb double heading.

Treat yourself.

• Like 1

Yes, unfortunately the DRS Blue is way off. It's identical to the BR Blue Hymek colour to my eyes. I've decided to keep my pair as I lean slightly towards rule 1 and can live with it but totally understand people not accepting it. This kind of thing has crept in a lot recently and is not restricted to a particular manufacturer, whereby they have made a previous model (in this case 33207) and got the livery correct and then completely changed it on the most recent releases. Absolutely baffling errors.......

Brace yourselves for the Freightliner Orange scenario................

6 hours ago, amarr40 said:

Its a shame as the photos posted by Rails on 22nd January looked to be correct. 

I noticed the difference when the photos where posted on the 19th May, but decided to go ahead any way.

I think they are nice models and can live with a slightly faded blue look.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite disappointed that the blue is wrong, I would have really liked a pair (for reason below).  How can they mess up the Blue, when previously they did a great job on 33207, and even Lima got it right many years before on their version.  It would have been a good gesture to have new correctly coloured replacement bodies made - just like the Dapol Class 68 with their mis-alignment.  At the end of the day, with it being a retailer commission Rails know exactly who has purchased them.

In a former life, I remember when Minimodal was launched at the NRM.  My boss was invited, but told me to go in his place and I wrote him a report.  I still have the postcards that were given to attendees, along with the brochure (so I knew the dimensions if I ever wanted to make the boxes, if someone ever did the locos and megafret) -  before anyone asks - they were put somewhere safe, so I don't have a clue where they are at present!  They had a brass band playing the "Minimodal March" as the train came into the Great Hall (pretty frivolous).  

The good thing is you only need a megafret with a few homemade small boxes painted silver, with a Class 33 Front and Rear to recreate it! 

Regards,

C.

13 hours ago, dogbox321 said:

I'm quite disappointed that the blue is wrong, I would have really liked a pair (for reason below).  How can they mess up the Blue, when previously they did a great job on 33207, and even Lima got it right many years before on their version.  It would have been a good gesture to have new correctly coloured replacement bodies made - just like the Dapol Class 68 with their mis-alignment.  At the end of the day, with it being a retailer commission Rails know exactly who has purchased them.

Then Heljan might as well do that for Preserved D6515 model as well since they got the colour completely wrong on that one re: white colour around the cab windows & body stripe instead of a cream colour, unfortunately based on evidence in forums and just comparing the prototypes with the models this new Class 33 batch have a few tooling & livery/colours errors not to mention they use bulbs instead of LED's which contradicts what was advertised.

Edited by classy52

1 hour ago, classy52 said:

Then Heljan might as well do that for Preserved D6515 model as well since they got the colour completely wrong on that one re: white colour around the cab windows & body stripe instead of a cream colour, unfortunately based on evidence in forums and just comparing the prototypes with the models this new Class 33 batch have a few tooling & livery/colours errors not to mention they use bulbs instead of LED's which contradicts what was advertised.

And 33063 with the mainline logo in the wrong place down one side.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Trying to hide the wrong shade of blue? Weathering is often used to sell what have otherwise bad sellers. If that is what is happening here, that decision has been taken remarkably quickly. 

Roy

Hi Roy,

Far from it. We have less than 20% remaining. We simply thought they would look great with a weathered finish so had a handful custom finished. 

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Oliver Rails said:

Hi Roy,

Far from it. We have less than 20% remaining. We simply thought they would look great with a weathered finish so had a handful custom finished. 

Good to hear, just wish they had been the right blue.

Roy