Realtrack FSA/FTA Freightliner flats in 2mm and 4mm

Dalesman

• RMweb Premium

Picked up the attached flyer from the Realtrack stand, looks to be a very useful wagon for contemporary modellers in both 2mm and 4mm - something for the model 47, 57, 70, 86/4, 86/6 and 90 to haul!  I'll need quite a few for Ingatestone ! https://www.themodelrailwayclub.org/layouts/ingatestone/

Chris.

Realtrack FSA FTA wagon flyer.pdf

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi All 

The N Gauge one is getting its cads done now with the Inners and outers being tooled up.

the OO ones will follow as quickly as possible after the N gauge ones as my time allows.

regards Arran 

Edited by arran
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have been totally bogged down with the Class 156's, its going crazy. This has delayed the start of:

Class 142

Class 144

FSA/FTA Freightliner flats

The N Gauge ones are proceeding first with the CAD's blown up for the '00' version.

Charlie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 07/12/2019 at 23:33, 159220 said:

Awesome news, totally missed this one. Having looked at the flier and then onto RT website, I do not see any further information or pre-ordering mechanisms - stated as October? 

who Is the factory behind these, Rapido?

HI 

This project has nothing to do with other manufacturers factory's but it is the one =C=Rail= has been using for 13 years and did the pocket wagon with.

Once we have finished cads we will open the pre order book

Regards Arran

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic choice! Will certainly mix up a rake of container flats now :D can I just ask will these be made from the same or similar material as Accurascales PFA wagons (so they are a nice weighty model) or will they be the same as your FLA’s?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HI All

One query i have on this ? on the plans it shows they have or had for a period handrails on the FSA outers at the buffer ends, they still have the plate where they would have been located.

Its just when we do a run in the black livery whether to have them either fitted or in a bag as i suspect they were removed early on.

Regards Arran

I'd vote for having them as a self fitted option in a bag. The black livery would have lasted a lot longer than the handrail so I'm assuming providing it as an optional extra would reduce your manufacturing costs/tooling for different wagon versions.

• RMweb Premium
On 16/04/2020 at 18:40, charliepetty said:

Work is progressing on the N Gauge one along with a new range of containers to go with them.

Are you in a position to announce/advise what the new containers are?.... I think I have an idea, but I don’t want to steal anyone’s thunder :blink: !

Frankly, even if it were just a standard 40ft in some modern liveries not yet done by Farish/Dapol, I’d be happy - there are some glaring omissions, because the container liveries ‘aren’t colourful enough’.... not my personal opinion; just what I’ve been told.... 

HI 

We will have to wait and see what happens and when on the container front as all efforts are going into the wagon right now, there will hopefully be more N Gauge containers to follow in collaboration with RevolutioN  as thats helped greatly bring containers to the market.

All the information to do the containers are there as and when i need it, as its been a case of putting most the cads in the shrinking machine up till now.

Regards Arran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, arran said:

HI Shoey

The N Gauge cads are about finished .

Regards Arran

FSA FTA 2nd.jpg

looking superb Arran :wink_mini: seriously cannot wait for the OO version. I’m currently working on improving that Hattons class 66’s I have (Freightliner) and have a box full of your superb containers! It’s going to be one impressive container train that’s for sure :good: can I ask what these wagons are going to be made from please?

54 minutes ago, Shoey said:

looking superb Arran :wink_mini: seriously cannot wait for the OO version. I’m currently working on improving that Hattons class 66’s I have (Freightliner) and have a box full of your superb containers! It’s going to be one impressive container train that’s for sure :good: can I ask what these wagons are going to be made from please?

Metal Frames & Plastic Bogies on both N Gauge and 00 Gauge models.

Charlie

• Informative/Useful 1

38 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

Metal Frames & Plastic Bogies on both N Gauge and 00 Gauge models.

Charlie

Charlie, just planting a little seed. Would love to see your fantastic FLA wagons reproduced with metal frames... :D

2 hours ago, Shoey said:

Charlie, just planting a little seed. Would love to see your fantastic FLA wagons reproduced with metal frames... :D

I'm busy converting some into a quad set and have popped the metal frame off from underneath to reveal lots of pockets that can be filled with liquid lead, so all is not lost.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1