Realtrack FSA/FTA Freightliner flats in 2mm and 4mm

Dalesman

• 2 months later...

HI All

Just a wee update to say the Cad works underway on this now so updates as and when we get something thats good enough to show .

Pre orders will be taken on these at some point .

regards Arran

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Aaron, these cads are very pleasing on the eyes and nice to hear that it won’t be too long before more progress is made. Looking forward to seeing the next update!

Edited by Shoey
  • Like 1

As @Shoey said, some good looking wagons there! I'm sure I'll be putting an order in for a few of them for my FL intermodal trains. A good addition to the modern image scene, and slightly earlier as they've been around a while now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I am looking very forward to the OO FSA/FTA in FL Green, a key wagon, with a higher priority than the FEA. I have never seen a FL train without at least a twin. Though I am sure there are the rare one or two (like the 'shortener'). 

Might I enquire two things I have noticed on the CAD, as you mentioned still much to do... 

The spigots, are these 'retractable' as CAD seems unclear? Dapol's separate spigots are a good bet, Revolution's rotating spigots are a nice touch, but Hornby's fixed spigots are a nightmare! Would love to hear your thoughts on how the spigots are going to be managed. 

The bogies, I notice that though the central hollow circle seems to be a nice dimension, the two triangular hollows either side seem a little overscale with the 'rimmed welded-framing' too pronounced? Otherwise a very nice looking bogie! 

Pic found on Smugmug 'gingespotting'

FSA_608127_a_CreweBasfordHall_21072007

Do you know when we can start offering you money for these? Maybe with some 'HMM' containers...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 159220 said:

I am looking very forward to the OO FSA/FTA in FL Green, a key wagon, with a higher priority than the FEA. I have never seen a FL train without at least a twin. Though I am sure there are the rare one or two (like the 'shortener'). 

Might I enquire two things I have noticed on the CAD, as you mentioned still much to do... 

The spigots, are these 'retractable' as CAD seems unclear? Dapol's separate spigots are a good bet, Revolution's rotating spigots are a nice touch, but Hornby's fixed spigots are a nightmare! Would love to hear your thoughts on how the spigots are going to be managed. 

The bogies, I notice that though the central hollow circle seems to be a nice dimension, the two triangular hollows either side seem a little overscale with the 'rimmed welded-framing' too pronounced? Otherwise a very nice looking bogie! 

Pic found on Smugmug 'gingespotting'

FSA_608127_a_CreweBasfordHall_21072007

Do you know when we can start offering you money for these? Maybe with some 'HMM' containers...

the spigots will be different to whats on the cads now thats for sure , the center hole is blanked of for now but im going to get that changed , its down to tweaks and adjustments .  ive done this project the wrong way round doing N gauge first as its easier putting things in the shrinking machine 

Regards Arran

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 159220 said:

With containers would be preferable for me, but up to what you @arran and what you think will do best...

Edited by XChris
Comment didn't make sense
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, XChris said:

With containers would be preferable for me, but up to what you @arran and what you think will do best...

We may do =C=Rail= containers that are exclusive to the wagon sales , but its not like =C=Rail= cant supply all you need at the time.

Regards Arran

• Like 2

On 09/06/2021 at 11:16, arran said:

the spigots will be different to whats on the cads now thats for sure , the center hole is blanked of for now but im going to get that changed , its down to tweaks and adjustments .  ive done this project the wrong way round doing N gauge first as its easier putting things in the shrinking machine 

Regards Arran

I thought you would be all over it. I shall reiterate I am looking terribly forward to these essential FL wagons. 

Hi everyone,

Really pleased to see the CADs for the 4mm FSA/FTA’s progressing. Arran already knows I will be after a set of 20 decks to go behind the pair of Heljan 86’s I have on order, will be perfect on a typical Anglo- Scottish working. Will be needing to add a few more containers over the coming months too.

thanks

Mark

• 2 months later...

Can’t believe I’ve only just found this thread. All looking very good so far and I’m looking forward to putting my pre orders in and also seeing what new OO container liveries will be released for them. 

Hoping for some commonly seen on the Felixstowe services as those are what I model - Hamburg Sud, Maersk, Safmarine, P&O Nedlloyd, Cosco and obviously some leasers! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 25/08/2021 at 22:51, WrattingRoad said:

Can’t believe I’ve only just found this thread. All looking very good so far and I’m looking forward to putting my pre orders in and also seeing what new OO container liveries will be released for them. 

Hoping for some commonly seen on the Felixstowe services as those are what I model - Hamburg Sud, Maersk, Safmarine, P&O Nedlloyd, Cosco and obviously some leasers! 

Arran has just released some new 40ft and 20ft Maersk containers. Another run of High cube Hamburg Sud would be nice on these.

cheers

Mark

• 10 months later...
On 04/09/2022 at 10:38, Deviousweegee said:

Hi, is there any news on this project? Can't wait to get my hands on one. 🙂

The N Gauge one is making good progress.

Samples at the N Gauge Show this weekend at Leamington Spa.

https://www.meridienneexhibitions.co.uk/events/the-international-n-gauge-show

Charlie

FSA in N Gauge.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...