Abeddyngwmmu

Route indicators

A Cornish holywell

readers letters

latest reviews

book and DVD reviews

News

Societies & Clubs

I got a free copy due to our Railex advert, but I must admit I would have brought a copy as there is quite a bit to interest me this month,

David

Hi David,

Is the Midsomer Norton layout, the Australian based layout?

It is superb in the flesh. Having seen it several times. We don't see to many quality british layouts at exhibitions anymore. They tend to be Australian and American.

regards

Mark

I had a quick look through (in Morrisons), can't say I was that impressed after reading the Heljan class 86 review, it was more like something you'd see in MREmag. Is it normal for them to review models without comparing them to the real thing...?

Hi David,

I have just checked the Peco website and it is not the Aussie layout.

regards

MArk

I gather it's Jerry Clifford's latest masterpiece (of Highbury Colliery fame) in 2mm. Should be super!

<Update having just bought this issue, it is!>>

• RMweb Gold

Another cracking issue with something for everyone, pregrouping in standard and narrow gauges, modern & BR blue diesels, N gauge BR steam and all well sceniced beautiful models. I do like picking up a mag and thinking I'd buy it for that article alone and then finding several more to the same standard.

The modern MPD layout is a nice variation on the usual theme and like Park Rd has a realistic roster too.

I had a quick look through (in Morrisons), can't say I was that impressed after reading the Heljan class 86 review, it was more like something you'd see in MREmag. Is it normal for them to review models without comparing them to the real thing...?

Its normal to review without comment on the model.

Had a flick through in the car on the way to work. Left in the car and my mum isnt home yet.

I used to buy RM all the time, but now seem to only buy one or two a year. That said, this issue was pretty good.

I bought this issue because of the 2-Bil article, and frankly that's the bit I'm least impressed with. The drawings don't show a lot of the detail that a modeller would need to build a model (a plan of all the roof cabling for example) so I'm struggling to see the point of including them. The text is a bit lightweight as well. At least some of the photos are nice.

Archived