Model Rail #268 December

grahame

19 hours ago, Bob83a said:

A bit of an issue on page 10, they have the announcement of 18000 Gas Turbine as being a Rail Exclusive/Heljan release when it is actually a Rails of Sheffield/Heljan model.

Yes, it should be shown as Rails of Sheffield - confusion no doubt resulting from the original Dynamometer Car release which was released by Rails of Sheffield under a Rail Exclusive banner. 

Where does the claim that the 141s were ordered for South Yorkshire PTE come from ? (page 53 - "BR ordered 20 new Class 141s for South and West Yorkshire PTEs..." ) I know many issues of Rail incorrectly captioned red 141s as being in SYPTE livery. Surely if they had been ordered for SYPTE  as well as WYPTE then a proportion would have carried SYPTE beige and cream, a livery only inflicted on 114 DTS(L) E54004 and DMBS E53045. At the time they entered services commentary was that they would be progressively delivered to Neville Hill for use on WYPTE services (Janes Railway Year for example).

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Butler Henderson said:

Where does the claim that the 141s were ordered for South Yorkshire PTE come from ? (page 53 - "BR ordered 20 new Class 141s for South and West Yorkshire PTEs..." ) I know many issues of Rail incorrectly captioned red 141s as being in SYPTE livery. Surely if they had been ordered for SYPTE  as well as WYPTE then a proportion would have carried SYPTE beige and cream, a livery only inflicted on 114 DTS(L) E54004 and DMBS E53045. At the time they entered services commentary was that they would be progressively delivered to Neville Hill for use on WYPTE services (Janes Railway Year for example).

The few that were blue and grey were not BR blue but some bus company blue 

5 hours ago, russ p said:

The few that were blue and grey were not BR blue but some bus company blue 

Barrow Corporation - no one told apparently told British Leyland what shade of blue to use. Presumably if they had been rail blue and grey they might have entered public service without being repainted into WYPTE colours.

• Like 1

On 25/11/2019 at 11:18, grahame said:

This latest issue has dropped through my letterbox this morning. Here's a pic of the contents pages FYI:

DSCN1376.JPG.129d7b612f2256e50a05fb994415930d.JPG

The front cover would be good too, so I can spot it in the newsagents!

Good issue.

Was looking though and recognised my GER fruit van 3D print design( I can offer other scales), thanks, then when I got home spotted my letter about my 3D perspective mini layout.

For the Harry Potter themed layout, the 'Train in Box' produced by French magazine Loco Revue could be adapted. Maybe a good marketing idea!

Edited by rue_d_etropal
spell check

I had a quick browse of this issue in Sainsbury's and noticed that, although there is a reference on the cover to "motorising your points", and the contents page as posted by grahame does list page 73 as the location of the article on "motorising your points made easy", the article starting on that page didn't seem to mention motorising points at all, just wiring points for motive power.  Did I miss something, or did the advertised content not make it in to this issue?