Earl's Court layout for sale

terry.ecmr

I had received some interest in Earl's Court and I have agreed a deal. Less than the target figure I had set but nevertheless I am happy with the sum agreed. 

Many thanks to all those who expressed such complimentary comments over the last few days. 

Terry 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

As one of Terry's lunch time operators in the past I can vouch for both the operability of the layout and also the interest the fantastic attention to detail generates from observers.

Prospective purchasers will not be disappointed.....

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

As one of Terry's lunch time operators in the past I can vouch for both the operability of the layout and also the interest the fantastic attention to detail generates from observers.

Prospective purchasers will not be disappointed.....

Many thanks Phil. 

Hopefully you'll get the opportunity to have a go at  Rossiter Rise. 

Terry 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Thanks for confirming my suspicions as to the origins!

image.png.828614b2dea723ce6ed627b0c155d6ce.png

Mike.

Also on the layout.....other properties....

Randall and Hopkirk.

Bartholomew,  Wiseman and Previn.

Grimsdale.

Tony Angelino.

Joan Denver.

Mick Leach. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, terry.ecmr said:

I had received some interest in Earl's Court and I have agreed a deal. Less than the target figure I had set but nevertheless I am happy with the sum agreed. 

Many thanks to all those who expressed such complimentary comments over the last few days. 

Terry 

Congratulations. It's always hard selling up. Think of all the new rolling stock you can get now!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I didn't comment at the time but £4,500 on eBay did seem a bit optimistic as a starting point, even for an award-winning layout, given no stock was included. However, it's good to know the layout won't be ending up in a skip, like many fine layouts have done.

It's probably not a fair comparison to say you could not get it built by a professional for that amount. Look at kit-built engines for example. Second hand prices even for top quality ones are nowhere near what you would have to pay to have one built to order.

• Agree 1