Gloatbox Exchange

Pixie

Hello all, 

An informal thread for all your 2mm-based wants and surplus stock touting. 

Has anyone got any of the below that are looking for a new home? Will happily pay a fair price via all the usual means and give the firm promise they will be built rapidly... I have some fully painted wagon bodies ready for them! If you can help please PM. 

2-377 LNER fitted 15' w/b for Peco plate/Twin Bolster Chassis (2-off)

2-379a/2-379b Dapol Grain Hopper Chassis (12-off)

2-323 18’6" BR Style 8 Shoe Fitted Underframe for Chivers Tube (2-off)

Not from the Association, but if anyone has any Taylor Precision Models 1208 Folding headcode discs I’m after a couple of sets.

Cheers,

Pix

• RMweb Premium

The idea of a gloatbox exchange seems good to me. I have a lot of items that are surplus to requirements, I just need to sort them out and list them. On the wants side, if anyone has any whitemetal castings for LMS 9' bogies, rivetted (more recently produced) or welded (no tie bar, produced decades ago), I'd be interested in acquiring them.

Nig H

• 1 month later...

Anyone interested in exchanging a part built LYR 0-8-0 freight loco for some association loco chassis kits? I am looking for unbuilt panniers (or maybe a Terrier at a push) or a large prairie to bodge in to something - or maybe you have something more esoteric that I won't be able to resist?

Nigel Hunt chronicled his build on RMWeb (chances are anyone interested in a swap has seen it - I have tried and failed to post a link). The kit is great but I am unlikely to be able to justify a loco so hideous amongst some dainty and elegant turn of the century Welsh stock . . . I am hoping to trade up my build so far plus the remainder of the etch. Here's a pic:

IMG_20200103_112624.jpg.460c1e7cfc2f0a621ded02fbeeaa48a5.jpg

• Like 3

On 27/11/2019 at 08:49, Nig H said:

The idea of a gloatbox exchange seems good to me. I have a lot of items that are surplus to requirements, I just need to sort them out and list them. On the wants side, if anyone has any whitemetal castings for LMS 9' bogies, rivetted (more recently produced) or welded (no tie bar, produced decades ago), I'd be interested in acquiring them.

Nig H

I have some white metal bogies/parts that I know not what they are. I will dig them out and put some pictures on for identification. 

• Thanks 1

On 27/11/2019 at 08:49, Nig H said:

Nig H

Are any of these what you're looking for?

15787849162954931096707412925498.jpg.4c62f563c105bfe950c1b03119cfb143.jpg

Having measure I think the ones on the left (top) are actually 8' WB and most of the remainder, whilst 9', are I think, Gresley.

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, richbrummitt said:

Are any of these what you're looking for?

Having measure I think the ones on the left (top) are actually 8' WB and most of the remainder, whilst 9', are I think, Gresley.

Hello Richard,

The ones already made up into bogies and the set of four in the second from bottom row look like the ones I'm after. Maybe you can PM or email me to arrange a transfer of economic benefit.

Nigel

These look like the old Association compensated bogies. You had a bolster casting, etches for the 'structural' sideframes and multiple options for cosmetic cast outer sideframes.

The rocking pivot was a ridge of whitemetal that you had to squash a bit once the etch had been fitted over it. I have a set under one of my siphons. The wheels would never stay put so eventually I modified them to be uncompensated which turned them into better behaved running gear.

If you dig out a very old shop list then you can probably get a definite identification on the various sideframes in your stash.

I'm not that old Andy. I joined the association in 2003 when the bogies were (different) castings that fitted over a generic etched stretcher and were about to be replaced by the current fully etched items. Mk4 driving wheels were being intorduced.

Whats left is something 8' and 9' Gresley after Nigel's had the other 9' ones. If anyone would like them they're the cost of postage since I'm purely custodian for these items. 

On 26/11/2019 at 21:58, Pixie said:

Hello all, 

An informal thread for all your 2mm-based wants and surplus stock touting. 

Has anyone got any of the below that are looking for a new home? Will happily pay a fair price via all the usual means and give the firm promise they will be built rapidly... I have some fully painted wagon bodies ready for them! If you can help please PM. 

2-377 LNER fitted 15' w/b for Peco plate/Twin Bolster Chassis (2-off)

2-379a/2-379b Dapol Grain Hopper Chassis (12-off)

2-323 18’6" BR Style 8 Shoe Fitted Underframe for Chivers Tube (2-off)

Not from the Association, but if anyone has any Taylor Precision Models 1208 Folding headcode discs I’m after a couple of sets.

Cheers,

Pix

Steve,

Did you have any luck in tracking down any of the items on your wanted list? I've found a spare 2-377 plate wagon underframe etch at the bottom of my gloatbox and also have a set of the TPM 1208 headcode discs that I'm unlikely to use. They're yours if you still want them.

regards,

Andy

52 minutes ago, 2mm Andy said:

Steve,

Did you have any luck in tracking down any of the items on your wanted list? I've found a spare 2-377 plate wagon underframe etch at the bottom of my gloatbox and also have a set of the TPM 1208 headcode discs that I'm unlikely to use. They're yours if you still want them.

regards,

Andy

Hello Andy, 

My underframe and headcode disc desires remain unfulfilled so that’s be great; I’ll be in touch via PM. Many thanks!

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by Pixie

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody have a spare 2-151 etch for a pair of BR  B4 bogies? The Shop no longer stock it. I fancy building a model of the civil engineer's train on the Boness and Kinneil Railway - two vehicles; a much brutalised and bashed about Mk1 BSK being one of them. I'll be using the appropriate Association kit for the BSK, with the other vehicle (a Flatrol) having to be a scratchbuild.

Alisdair

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for white metal axle box castings of the RCH / GWR / SR types with or without the springs attached to complete some chassis that were design around using them. Any quantity. Estimate is that I need around 50 more and the etched ones appear not to work as well as the cast ones did for this. 

TIA.

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/01/2020 at 16:08, Pixie said:

My underframe and headcode disc desires remain unfulfilled so that’s be great; I’ll be in touch via PM. Many thanks!

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I just found one of what I thought was the plate wagon underframe you had been after. However it is actually 2-378 BR style 8 shoe fitted 15' w/b for Peco plate/Twin Bolster Chassis. I don't know if that would do instead, or be adapted?

It looks like Andy sorted you out with one, but if you're interested in this one, you're welcome to it!

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Justin,

Thank you very much for your kind offer, but sadly I needed the LNER version specifically. That said, one turned up in the Association Central store so with the one Andy supplied I'm now satisfied. Indeed, thanks to the community all my needs are dealt thing. Thanks all!

Cheers,

Steve 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hello,

I hope no-one will mind me using this topic for the following. 

I have the following items I wish to dispose of on behalf of the family of Roger Wilkins, who passed away in November 2018. If you are interested in any of the items and want more information please get in touch by email nigelhunt62@outlook.com or by phone 01204 708460. Items can be collected in person or posted at an extra cost to cover Royal Mail second class standard rates. I have tried to value the items at about two-thirds estimated current price, but I'm open to offers.

List 1

Item

Two packs pcb turnout sleepers (75 each pack) plus large quantity of post grouping pcb sleepers

£6

12V 15mm x 12mm motors x9   

£1 each

Nigel Lawton 10mm x 12mm 12V motor x2

£4.50 each

Nigel Lawton 1.0mm to 1.5mm shaft adaptor x2

£0.50 each

12V motors  24mm x 14mm 1.5mm double shaft x4

£8 each

Hanazono (Tenshodo) H17 motor (9.5mm x 17mm)

£5

12V flat can motor similar to shop item but single shaft with gear train attached. 16.5 x 8 x 10mm: 1.0mm

£5

Wizard Models 4 sticks low melt solder 70 deg C

£2.50

N Brass 0-6-0 chassis ref 28271

£4

64DP 14:1 spur gears ref 3-341 x2

£2 each

M 0.3 18:1 spur gears ref 3-392 x2

£1 each

Association Farish Jinty chassis ref 3-650, N Brass Jinty dome Farish Jinty diecast body (no. 47338)

£18

Worsley Works N gauge class 25/1 diesel etched kit. I think the parts to form a fold up box may have been removed, otherwise etch is complete.

£15

Class 25 original wheels with gears x 4

£2

Worsley Works N/ 2mm class 08 body etch

£12

Set of four LMS round base brass loco buffers

£1

Farish Class 40 diesel loco (missing on bogie frame, non-runner). No. 40106

£3

More items to follow.

Nigel Hunt

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Nig H said:

Hello,

I hope no-one will mind me using this topic for the following. 

I have the following items I wish to dispose of on behalf of the family of Roger Wilkins, who passed away in November 2018. If you are interested in any of the items and want more information please get in touch by email nigelhunt62@outlook.com or by phone 01204 708460. Items can be collected in person or posted at an extra cost to cover Royal Mail second class standard rates. I have tried to value the items at about two-thirds estimated current price, but I'm open to offers.

List 1

Item

T

More items to follow.

Nigel Hunt

Here is an updated list with additional items.

IRoger Wilkins sales.docx

Nigel Hunt

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, richbrummitt said:

Could I have the GWR buffer stop if it's still available please. I wanted one on my last shop order but they were oos.

Yes Richard, it's yours. I'll PM you.

Nigel Hunt

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This message is not meant to criticise the Easitrac system, nor its developers or those who are using and loving it.

For me, Easitrac just doesn't work. I may be biased, as I have been using a soldering iron since I was 8 years old, but I just hate it when it comes to building turnouts.

As such I am happy to hand over all my Easitrac attempts to any newcomer to 2mm FS who wants to learn about it or have some hands-on before deciding to heavily invest into it. I am so eager to stop seeing anything reminding me of Easitrac in my workshop, I will even pay for P&P.

Below are some pictures with all the Easitrac components I am happy to give away:

IMG_1650.JPG.c6697d41a713f80133e5ce983176290b.JPG

IMG_1649.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG

IMG_1648.JPG

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Valentin said:

This message is not meant to criticise the Easitrac system, nor its developers or those who are using and loving it.

For me, Easitrac just doesn't work. I may be biased, as I have been using a soldering iron since I was 8 years old, but I just hate it when it comes to building turnouts.

As such I am happy to hand over all my Easitrac attempts to any newcomer to 2mm FS who wants to learn about it or have some hands-on before deciding to heavily invest into it. I am so eager to stop seeing anything reminding me of Easitrac in my workshop, I will even pay for P&P.

Below are some pictures with all the Easitrac components I am happy to give away:

IMG_1650.JPG.c6697d41a713f80133e5ce983176290b.JPG

IMG_1649.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG

IMG_1648.JPG

Hi

I would be interested in this if it’s still available