Arnold N-gauge Brighton Belle

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

Hatton's have advised me the latest one has NEM couplers; the absence of these on the first version prevented me from investing.

Can anyone confirm whether these are indeed fitted on the latest version with the small yellow warning panel. TIA.

The original batch had NEM couplers at the outer cab ends only. The inner ends have a separable electrical connection to allow the unit to use just one DCC decoder and power the lights throughout the unit in DC operation. The electric coupler is not in an NEM socket because replacing it with an NEM standard coupler would not allow the lighting feed to be maintained. I cannot see why the new version would be any different.

http://www.lendonsmodelshop.co.uk/pdf/Arnold Service Sheets/HN3001 - Brighton Belle.pdf

7 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

You never know. Hornby changed their OO Gauge one to have NEM couplings throughout and independent coach lighting as per their normal Pullman’s on the latest release. 

But that would double up on the decoder requirement which the through wiring avoids. We’ll see.