X-mas diorama

ls91

At a garden centre visiting santa, my other half saw some real plant table top planters that had those fake pine trees, it made me think of a diorama and I've persuaded her toet me make something for the table at Christmas. It may well be a bit big but I've purchased a storage box, some insulation for a bit of height and have already started some paper mache for some texture. The base is a bit of MDF from a loft ladder I brought whilst the track is some odds I've got.

Plan is to have a couple of sidings where I'll just place a few wagons with loads, it'll hopefully be a snow scene too, will need a bit of practice before i attempt that though.

IMG_20191127_103845.jpg

IMG_20191127_103911.jpg

IMG_20191127_215752.jpg

• Like 3

Not a lot of progress as my paper mache took far longer to dry out than I was expecting. Nevertheless I've done a quick coat of green as a base to hide any of the white that might show through if I miss a miniscule spot when doing the scenics. Next job will probably be to do the scenics under the bridge so I can get my track down. 

IMG_20191130_221057.jpg

IMG_20191130_221051.jpg

• Like 2

Minor progress, have added a hedge and found a truck to add near to the hut. Am waiting for my local model shop to open late to pick up a crane before I start considering adding the dusting of snow to make it a bit more Christmassy.

IMG_20191217_070634.jpg

• Like 3

Not a great deal of progress but I've added my yard crane now. I need to have a little think on what else I want to add, or if I keep it simple. 

And yes, I'll have to search for a santa and/or some deer to add in the treeline. 

IMG_20191221_121718.jpg

IMG_20191221_121727.jpg

• Like 1