Green stuff rolling pins

russ p

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone used these? I've got some fairly big areas I need to put cobbles down , a two goods yards and a fairly big quayside 

These sound great but the two part epoxy putty doesn't sound too good as by the time I've mixed it it will have gone off.

Wondering if they can be used with daz clay or plaster of Paris? 

Are they only available from Spain or is there a UK supplier? 

Cheers Russ

• RMweb Gold

I've ordered  a couple from Spain and will have a go with daz clay. There is some 12.5kg bags of air drying clay on Amazon that are cheap and stone coloured to but some of the reviews say it cracks when dry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've had reasonably good test results from these with blue foam. One question for me is whether they give enough flexibility though, e.g. for curves.  There are photos in this post (scroll down): 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/97672-pragmatic-pre-grouping-mikkels-workbench/page/67/&tab=comments#comment-3580069

Edited by Mikkel

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

I've had reasonably good test results from these with blue foam. One question for me is whether they give enough flexibility though, e.g. for curves.  There are photos in this post (scroll down): 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/97672-pragmatic-pre-grouping-mikkels-workbench/page/67/&tab=comments#comment-3580069

That looks excellent , think I'd be there for ever with the individual one

The rollers came yesterday,  I intended to use them for a coal yard and a goods yard first using daz clay.  If a bit rough I can hide it under stuff 

Later I have quite a large quayside to do . 

Will post updates as I progress 

• Like 2