Riding the dunes

Bo-Bo

This is a complete change to my original layout ideas.

Looking at ‘The Path to’ diorama which is modelled by Colin Peake has inspired me to make a diorama of a similar theme.

I plan to use my same size baseboard of 24cms x 11cms, the Peco track will have every other sleeper removed to replicate a seaside railway line.

The diorama will be a working one where the loco can run back and forth.

Edited by Bo-Bo
Change in theme
  • Like 1

On 29/11/2019 at 02:35, noctilux2 said:

Plenty of examples on the forum to whet the appetite, see Festive Micro Layout and also Dead End.

Thank you for sharing the two examples, plenty of ideas in these two lovely layouts.

Are you sure on your dimensions given you propose an OO scale layout.  24cm long seems VERY tiny & would barely accommodate an 0-6-0 plus one wagon..  Do you actually mean 24” which is much more realistic, 28” is probably the sensible minimum ...... see “Dead End”.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, noctilux2 said:

Are you sure on your dimensions given you propose an OO scale layout.  24cm long seems VERY tiny & would barely accommodate an 0-6-0 plus one wagon..  Do you actually mean 24” which is much more realistic, 28” is probably the sensible minimum ...... see “Dead End”.

Hi thanks for your comments, 24cms is the size. This I can fit a one left turnout and a couple of straight tracks at 80mm in length. I know it sounds small but I’m used to build small layouts or diorama. 
I will have a small stick which can be fixed to the turnout for operating.

Morning fellow modellers, as promised a couple of pictures of the baseboard with a pine structure for extra support.  The backboard is also pine and will be walled in due course.

Hopefully my track should arrive on Tuesday and then I can begin laying it.

Edited by Bo-Bo

58 minutes ago, SonOfMike said:

Is the baseboard the same type of shelf as you used on Little Thorpe and Coleby?

Jack this is the same type of board which was going to go on my sons wall. This I acquired as it was lying around. 
Another railway modeller Kevin Johnson has used the same item with great results.

18 hours ago, Bo-Bo said:

Jack this is the same type of board which was going to go on my sons wall. This I acquired as it was lying around. 
Another railway modeller Kevin Johnson has used the same item with great results.

Sorry - my mistake. You and Kevin have uncannily similar modelling and writing styles, hence my confusion:scratchhead: