Bachmann OO/OO9 Availability (including Branchline & Narrow Gauge) to Oct/Nov 2024 (as of 10/01/24)

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold

As everyone knows, i'm in the 94xx game and it's reassuring to see that the release is still 'on' for September, all 3  livery versions.  There are some nice new wagons (LNER steel open and SR plywood and 2x2 planked vans in BR bauxite in particular) and some attractive reliveries (GW shocvan in bauxite) that caught my eye as well; Baccy are on the right track as far as I'm concerned.  If only they could get the lead times down...

But the lists confirm that I will continue to be a Baccy customer, albeit in the sort of dribs and drabs that will not impress their marketing people much!

Edited by The Johnster

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

That's not an official announcement - its a crop of a  listing I took off another thread and which has missed the 168/170/171 DMUs.

Thank you for the reply. 

Thanks for letting me know and thank you for publishing/updating the list to reflect beyond September 2020. I often sit on the Bachmann availability page and think what product can I search for to find out when it's due to arrive and I can never think of what to search, so having one list like this one is much easier to scroll through. 

On 07/12/2019 at 08:23, Waverley47708 said:

Was rather hoping to see the ScotRail Mk2s by now especially since the Mk1 Full Brake appeared quickly after being announced.

Was in the process of rewriting my letter to Santa from ScotRail Mk2s to the Hattons crane thing only to find it's being put back to 2021.  Oh well I'll need to think of something else.

• RMweb Gold

Now witnessing the ever-increasing rise of some of the Bachmann products, with a wagon now commanding near £25, it would appear that Bachmann are due to release a fairly comprehensive during 2020. The thought is, are (or will) there be anybody about to purchase said items?

A 50 wagon train of 4-wheel stock is now touching £1,250. That is itself Ok, but one does wonder at the longer term future of the hobby.

I'll try to dig out my earlier posts on the 'umble 94xx, just to see where or what I posted beck then. It would appear that Hattons were pre-ordering at £82 back then, now a large increase of some £40 more (December, 2019). My modified LimaLine pannier is now looking more attractive as each day passes. 

Have a great week, folks.

Ian.

Edited by tomparryharry
Forgetfulness.

8 hours ago, tomparryharry said:

I'll try to dig out my earlier posts on the 'umble 94xx, just to see where or what I posted beck then. It would appear that Hattons were pre-ordering at £82 back then, now a large increase of some £40 more (December, 2019). My modified LimaLine pannier is now looking more attractive as each day passes.

That was the Hattons "estimated" price. I have no idea what it was based on but at the time Bachmann didn't give a RRP for the 94XX.

So far we have only had one RRP for the 94XX from Bachmann, which is £124.95. Assuming this doesn't change it'll be in the shops from £106.21

Edited by Paul.Uni

On 07/12/2019 at 08:23, Waverley47708 said:

Was rather hoping to see the ScotRail Mk2s by now especially since the Mk1 Full Brake appeared quickly after being announced.

With the exception of the DBSOs weren't the coaches Mk2e type rather than Mk2f?  Wouldn't bother me, but it may (or may not) be a factor.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

That was the Hattons "estimated" price. I have no idea what it was based on but at the time Bachmann didn't give a RRP for the 94XX.

So far we have only had one RRP for the 94XX from Bachmann, which is £124.95. Assuming this doesn't change it'll be in the shops from £106.21

Well, I'd rather pay £106.21 than £124.95 of course, and will be very happy if this turns out to be the price asked!  Like TPH, I have a Limbach but am increasingly aware of it's shortcomings, especially the cover plate over the valve chests (fine for 9400-9 but not the other 200) and the wheels out of alignment with the splashers, spaced for the Lima J50 chassis.  Have to say the Lima body tooling, 40-odd years old, admittedly worked up a bit, holds up very well to modern scrutiny, though.

I’m looking forward to the DRS class 20/3’s and the 2 HAP in NSE from Bachmann which look like appearing next year. The only other items are the VEA vans to finish off my 90’s era project stock but not sure where these sit in the current production plan or development stage.

I suspect we will see some new liveries on the 90 which is a very nice model. A DB one would be nice.

With prices what they are now my spend on Bachmann next year looks to be far less than previous years but this is really just down to what we know is due out that I would like. If the new Scotrail 170’s come later in the year or something new is announced that appears sooner this can all change. 

There is a lot more competition and choice now than ever before and other products fit my modelling plans so selling and saving to fund these probably means a bigger spend overall especially where things will be produced in shorter runs and possibly only once too.

Bachmann seem to be getting a harder time at the moment but they have a vast catalogue of decent models so there is probably at least something for everyone in the range at any time and plenty to tempt impulse buys when out at shops or shows. 

cheers

Mark

• Like 1

15 hours ago, raetiamann said:

With the exception of the DBSOs weren't the coaches Mk2e type rather than Mk2f?  Wouldn't bother me, but it may (or may not) be a factor.

The OP I think is referring to the earlier MK2z coaches in ScotRail livery announced by Bachmann some time back.   A few of these MK2z coaches ran with DBSO's although the majority were MK2D & E  along with one MK2F FO

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I just hope that the 2-Hap sells well enough in the initial liveries so that they (eventually) do the all blue and green with SYP. I am still surprised the all Blue livery wasn't in the first batch to match their 2-Epb if I'm honest.

• Agree 1

The Bachmann availability page was updated on the 9th December. As far as I can tell the changes are:

• Most of the items due in December are now in stock at Bachmann.
  • The NER E1/LNER J72 have arrived at Bachmann.
  • The Snailbeach District Railway & Welsh Highland Railway Baldwin locos are in stock at Bachmann. The Glyn Valley Tramway and Southern Railway versions are 'due soon'.
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 29/11/2019 at 21:46, Paul.Uni said:

32-440    Class 24/1 D5135 BR Green (Late Crest)    £149.95
32-441    Class 24/1 D5149 BR Green (Small Yellow Panels)    £149.95
32-442    Class 24/1 24137 BR Blue    £149.95

Good to see these finally on the way. The plain green one might even be in the shops for Christmas.

They were originally announced March 8, 2013 at £85.95, now £149.95 (Bachmann's MRP).

I guess many will have been tempted by the SLW model in the meantime, I know I have...

11 hours ago, stovepipe said:

Good to see these finally on the way. The plain green one might even be in the shops for Christmas.

They were originally announced March 8, 2013 at £85.95, now £149.95 (Bachmann's MRP).

I guess many will have been tempted by the SLW model in the meantime, I know I have...

Depends if you want an English or Scottish version....I'll wait for the latter....

• RMweb Premium

Given the list of new items, is still so long, we could almost do with no announcements from Bachmann in January.

Or, the best announcement for them to make, would be “we are working with an additional factory” adding that the backlog will be cleared in x time....

The class 117/121 I see was announced in 2015.... 5 years to production! The 94xx must be about the same as well. 

Whilst Bachmann say their catalogue has a life of 18 months, that’s very different to the reality.

Its not life and death, it’s only a hobby. But just imagine how many more class 121 Bachmann would have sold if Dapol didn’t get there first...

• Agree 3

On 17/12/2019 at 12:31, stovepipe said:

Just received confirmation that a 32-440 Class 24/1 D5135 BR Green (Late Crest) has been dispatched from Kernow. Let's hope it's a case of all good things to those who wait.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/12/2019 at 23:38, tomparryharry said:

She's going as fast as she can, Cap'n ! I canna' give her any more!" 

'Ma dilithium crystals are glawin' reid hot, Cap'n, I canna' do it, she'll blaw.  Ye canna change the lozza fezzecks!'

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

12 hours ago, SP Steve said:

Just received confirmation that a 32-440 Class 24/1 D5135 BR Green (Late Crest) has been dispatched from Kernow. Let's hope it's a case of all good things to those who wait.....

I  should be picking mine up from my local retailer tomorrow all being well.

Got my 24/1 today. 

Nice model and seems to be more detailed than previous release but im no expert.

The chassis has been redesigned and now has a built in speaker. The headcode boxes are lit via cables connected to the pcb, no more of those copper contacts like on the 25.

Theres switches on the bottom to disable head / tail lights and theres a cab light too.

Quick note with regard to DCC fitting,

The instructions say 6 screws in total to remove the body - I had to remove 10, theres 4 not mentioned in the instructions.

I removed the blanking plug and fitted a lenz silver. The decoder dosent sit flush on the pins. At first I thought id bent the pins getting the blanking plug off but it went back on no issue, but the lenz chip still sits at an angle. However it still works fine.

Under DCC control the lighting for each end can be controlled indepenantly and with the lenz chip its F0 for one end, F1 for the other, F3 shunt mode, F5 cab lights.

20191220_162714.jpg

20191220_162706.jpg

20191220_162703.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 20/12/2019 at 23:58, meatloaf said:

Got my 24/1 today. 

Nice model and seems to be more detailed than previous release but im no expert.

The chassis has been redesigned and now has a built in speaker. The headcode boxes are lit via cables connected to the pcb, no more of those copper contacts like on the 25.

Theres switches on the bottom to disable head / tail lights and theres a cab light too.

Quick note with regard to DCC fitting,

The instructions say 6 screws in total to remove the body - I had to remove 10, theres 4 not mentioned in the instructions.

I removed the blanking plug and fitted a lenz silver. The decoder dosent sit flush on the pins. At first I thought id bent the pins getting the blanking plug off but it went back on no issue, but the lenz chip still sits at an angle. However it still works fine.

Under DCC control the lighting for each end can be controlled indepenantly and with the lenz chip its F0 for one end, F1 for the other, F3 shunt mode, F5 cab lights.

Cab lights? That’s good to know; thank you. There’s no mention of them in the instructions and they don’t work on DC. It would be a bit of an omission, given that Bachmann has taken so long to respond to the competition.