Bachmann OO/OO9 Availability (including Branchline & Narrow Gauge) to Oct/Nov 2024 (as of 10/01/24)

Paul.Uni

13 hours ago, Legend said:

I think what David means is when they arrive they will be at the top end of the price range . 

Pretty much. Although put Mk. 2D by mistake. My point is that the last DCC coach was selling for about 67 kwid. You watch this next batch be a lot more. Not sure how much of a good move that is given how the market is awash with Virgin Mk. 2 stock. With these being DCC I think the demand is there and the last ones sold quickly. Dare I expect it selling nearer 90 next time.. 

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

Pretty much. Although put Mk. 2D by mistake. My point is that the last DCC coach was selling for about 67 kwid. You watch this next batch be a lot more. Not sure how much of a good move that is given how the market is awash with Virgin Mk. 2 stock. With these being DCC I think the demand is there and the last ones sold quickly. Dare I expect it selling nearer 90 next time.. 

I don't think we're far off the 100 quid (list) mainstream coach.

Edited by spamcan61
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, BR Blue said:

Very true and even more so as the Mark 2Fs are not a new tooling, just a new livery.

Now that Hornby has produced its Mk2f in both Saltaire and Virgin liveries, you have to wonder whether Bachmann is waiting to see how quickly the Virgin ones sell out and demand can build up again before launching production and fixing a price, which for sure will be much higher than the previous releases in B/G and IC.

• Agree 1

On 23/08/2020 at 15:07, eldomtom2 said:

Anyone who buys the Bachmann express coaches is a fool - the Hornby Maunsell coaches are cheaper, more detailed and more accurate both to real life and to the TV show.

I'm not after Southern coaches. I'd really like Thompsons in maroon. But I dread the RRP if they ever appear....

On 17/09/2020 at 20:30, Class 158 productions said:

Although prices are rising, I think it’s inevitable. I’m more concerned about the things announced years ago that still aren’t out. The Bachmann 3 month thing is good, but I hope we see more work on things announced ages ago, 170 project etc

Yes its inevitable, but then so is the generating interest and then making a model that you keep increasing prices to maximise profit. Yes companies need to but its funny how Bachmann can soon reduce their class 66... and when you compare new companies making stock and the standards they are delivering is Bachmann now not pricing themselves out of the market... especially if some others are available in the same livery meaning you spend your cash on new stock from new companies... what happens with these mk.2s in virgin will be interesting but I can still see the DCC lighted ones selling well. 

• Agree 2

On 23/08/2020 at 15:07, eldomtom2 said:

Anyone who buys the Bachmann express coaches is a fool - the Hornby Maunsell coaches are cheaper, more detailed and more accurate both to real life and to the TV show.

On 17/09/2020 at 21:19, davidw said:

I'm not after Southern coaches. I'd really like Thompsons in maroon. But I dread the RRP if they ever appear....

I think there is a bit of a mix up here.

He's talking about the Thomas The Tank Engine coaches. Which are the old Mainline LMS coaches from the 1970s. £50 is a bit eyewatering.

76034BE    Gordons Express Composite Coach    £49.95
76035BE    Gordons Express Brake Coach    £49.95

https://www.Bachmann.co.uk/product/gordons-express-composite-coach/76034be

Jason

• Agree 3

Ah understoo

7 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

He's talking about the Thomas The Tank Engine coaches. Which are the old Mainline LMS coaches from the 1970s. £50 is a bit eyewatering.

Jason

Ah understood

11 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

is Bachmann now not pricing themselves out of the market...

I think it's interesting how Bachmanns HKAs are £62 RRP (so £53 after initial 15% discount) yet ASs HYA/IIAs which must be of similar complexity and size are about £37.50 each in twin packs, £35 each in the bundles.

If I was in the market for a big coal wagon I know which I'd be buying....

• Agree 3

On 17/09/2020 at 20:30, Class 158 productions said:

170 project etc

3 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I thought somebody said on here it had been canned?

Not quite, Bachmann haven't said that they are cancelled. However, they are omitted from the 2020 combined volume catalogue and may still be worked on. As such we won't see or hear anything about them until they are at 'advance stages of the production process'. The only other model affected is the class 20/0. Info from:

So if they are being worked on, don't expect to hear about them anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I thought somebody said on here it had been canned?

Small ish DMUs are something I'd be investing in before long in Northern livery. I'll probably get a 150, but would have liked a 158 and 170.

I’m pretty sure that a 158 in Northern livery, hopefully new and old livery will be in the next batch offered.  I am tempted by the 150 in Northern.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I’m pretty sure that a 158 in Northern livery, hopefully new and old livery will be in the next batch offered.  I am tempted by the 150 in Northern.

Definitely, given the next announcement is near Christmas. It will be the expensive stuff, I heard the 170 project just hasn’t had any progress. But, now that Bachmann have got the plux 22 electrics and drive, surely it might be easier to progress. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Jason

I didn't realise that tooling was still usable, unless of course they have made a copy. There hasn't been a run of them in any livery for yonks.

Last year I bought the blood and custard version from their last Thomas set of about 2009 for a fiver off the club stand at a show to go in my cut'n'shut donor pile. Had metal wheels fitted as well so a real bargain. 

I reckon the 170 will be the next 158 saga... ie going to take years. Bachmann announced it first to stop others moving on their patch, but I think others could easily get a model made and beat team Barwell on this one. Especially if you wanted to do class 171/168 and Electrostar on the back of it and designed it for that in advance. 

Cue Realtrack, Cavalex, Revolution... 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

I reckon the 170 will be the next 158 saga... ie going to take years. Bachmann announced it first to stop others moving on their patch, but I think others could easily get a model made and beat team Barwell on this one. Especially if you wanted to do class 171/168 and Electrostar on the back of it and designed it for that in advance. 

As Britannia Pacific have recently announced their doing a 387 which I think shares the same bodyshell as the earlier Electrostar's, Even at £725 for a hand built model, I think they've got the jump on everyone.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I am happy enough to wait, I have enough coming up to crowd the layout out!

Trouble is the dead hand of Bachmann prevents others from making models . They might do it quicker and at lower cost . Meanwhile I’m exploring if I can repaint First and Nat Ex Liveries that I already have into Saltire livery. 

• Like 1

165/66/68 - without those you don’t really have great Western mainline , branch lines or chiltern lines from 1992- current , I’d see at least one as an essential item , but I think someone else will do at least one 

Edited by rob D2

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, jools1959 said:

As Britannia Pacific have recently announced their doing a 387 which I think shares the same bodyshell as the earlier Electrostar's, Even at £725 for a hand built model, I think they've got the jump on everyone.

Thank you for this notification. I really want a Southeastern class 375, so I've asked them if they are prepared to paint the model as one. Maybe if they put out a press release they'd be inundated with more requests for these than they can handle.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

I didn't realise that tooling was still usable, unless of course they have made a copy. There hasn't been a run of them in any livery for yonks.

Last year I bought the blood and custard version from their last Thomas set of about 2009 for a fiver off the club stand at a show to go in my cut'n'shut donor pile. Had metal wheels fitted as well so a real bargain. 

They have been in the (non UK) Thomas range for some time. 

• Informative/Useful 1

4 minutes ago, Budgie said:

Thank you for this notification. I really want a Southeastern class 375, so I've asked them if they are prepared to paint the model as one. Maybe if they put out a press release they'd be inundated with more requests for these than they can handle.

You’d have to really want one, and it doesn’t come with lights I see

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 19/09/2020 at 18:13, The Black Hat said:

I really cant see any other manufacturers wanting to tread into an area Bachmann are actively developing. There may have been a hold-up until the Class 158 etc chassis was finalised, but we've recently seen both the Class 158 and 117/121 so that may clear the bottleneck for 170s too.

I'd think Realtrack will more than have their hands full with the Class 142 not to mention numerous possible reliveries on the Class 143/144/156s

Cavalex must have been stung by their Class 91 and Mk4s being duplicated by Hornby and seem to be carving a niche of producing top quality wagons. I really cant see them wanting to take on a DMU

another manufacturer might come at it from the Electrostar side, but doubt they'd get onto 168/170/171s before Bachmann

1 hour ago, GordonC said:

I really cant see any other manufacturers wanting to tread into an area Bachmann are actively developing.

I think the thing is, there are quite a few others to go at without stepping on toes. Why pick the fight?

Nobody has done Aventras or Civity yet, these will be around for a while so probably a good time to crack on?

• Agree 1