Vulcan Collectors Set 30-375

Widnes Model Centre

These sets arrived and departed just as quickly in stock today. It has been worth the wait. The presentation of this pack is superb. We have more on order and I personally am looking forward to the N Gauge version for my own layout. My wife Gill has now ordered one of these for herself. IMO a real winner from Bachmann.

Set Contains: - Class 37/4 Locomotive 37558 'Avro Vulcan XH558' - 1:144 Scale Vulcan in anti-flash white colour scheme - 1:144 Scale Vulcan in camouflage colour scheme - Reproduction of the English Electric 'Vulcan Works' locomotive works plate - Reproduction of the Avro airframe identification plate from XH558 - Set of original RAF training board card reproductions - Fine Art print of the aircraft and locomotive Features: - 21 Pin DCC Decoder Socket - Directional Lighting - Interior Lighting - Pre-fitted Speaker - Accessory Bag Supplied

Vulcanset.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

I find the idea of producing a pack containing models in two very different scales odd. Am I alone in this?

Probably not, but a 1:76 scale Vulcan might be a tad large for most people's display shelves, which is where most smaller aircraft models end up, if not left in the box. While you can at least 'play' with the 37, you'd get a few comments playing with the Vulcan...

• RMweb Gold

The smaller, almost half scale of the aircraft can be used to visual effect thanks to aerial perspective; ie by careful placement further from the viewer's position than that of the more foreground railway scene.

Edited by Right Away
  • Like 1

On 01/12/2019 at 08:03, Right Away said:

The smaller, almost half scale of the aircraft can be used to visual effect thanks to aerial perspective; ie by careful placement further from the viewer's position than that of the more foreground railway scene.

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

Had the aircraft been 1/76th or more likely 1/72nd, I'd have brought a set but fully understand that volume wise the aircraft would have been 8 times more than a single 1/144th one.

I was in an aircraft museum once and remember walking into another area thinking "the ceiling is a bit low in here for such a massive room..." until I realised that I was  under a Vulcan wing. These aircraft are huge so understand why Bachmann gave a pair of smaller scale models instead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2019 at 21:36, No Decorum said:

I find the idea of producing a pack containing models in two very different scales odd. Am I alone in this?

It is no different having N gauge buildings in the backscene to provide a sense of depth.

A 1:76 scale Vulcan hanging from the ceiling would look a little low. 1:144 less so.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Don't suppose anything has been changed with the lightning controls? i.e. still the standard Bachmann 37 with the switches on the bottom and the cab lights at both ends tied together instead of being directional?

11 hours ago, Kaput said:

Don't suppose anything has been changed with the lightning controls? i.e. still the standard Bachmann 37 with the switches on the bottom and the cab lights at both ends tied together instead of being directional?

switches at the bottom correct and for the Cablights haven’t tested it yet (will do tomorrow as work today) but imagine will be the same as normal for them.