Hornby Advent Calendar!

Hroth

Friday 13th

As a seasonal treat, this weekend only, Hornby are offering Free Delivery on all orders, on the application of a Code Word.

Have a look at the details for yourselves if interested.

Marvin the Paranoid Android.

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Friday 13th

As a seasonal treat, this weekend only, Hornby are offering Free Delivery on all orders, on the application of a Code Word.

Have a look at the details for yourselves if interested.

Marvin the Paranoid Android.

Do they offer galactic post, or are you having it sent to a terrestrial address?

• Like 1

14th December.  Hornby would like to see your Christmas photos.

Show off your handiwork in the Customer Image competition. Submit your festive photos now and be in with a chance to win £50 to spend on the Hornby website.

I suppose I could always find an old Nellie/Polly/Connie, a bit of Super 4 track, a plastic firtree and dust the lot with Festive icing sugar....

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

15th December.  WIN an Officially Licensed Harry Potter Hogwarts Express Train Set by Hornby!

Officially Licensed, eh?  Gosh!

Its a straightforward lucky dip competition, no FarceTwit entanglements.  You know you want a chance to win it!

• Like 2

18th December.  Unbelievable!

"A Special Christmas Wallpaper Calendar For You!"

Download a December 2019 wallpaper, a Christmas themed image featuring the Railroad Flying Moneypit and a December calendar.

This should have been their 1st December offering, but the marketing droids obviously believe that a calendar with only 13 days left on it is something we all need now!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

19th December.  Winter Scenic Challenge, a video to watch.

Scenery is an integral part of every layout and with many modellers looking to further their skills, we asked stars of the recent Great Model Railway Challenge Jennifer Kirk and Les Cliff to show us how it’s done.  

Could both Jenny and Les create a Christmas scene with a box of goodies in just a few hours?  

Find out how they got on, you may even find some inspiration for your own layout!

1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

At least my advent calendar from Tesco has a piece of chocolate EVERY day.  :)

I got one of those wooden ones from Aldi a couple of years ago.  This year I got a box of Thorntons "Moments" from Tescos when they were reduced to £2 just before the start of December, and put them in the drawers, cheaper than an ordinary Advent Calendar and more interesting chocolates too!

• Craftsmanship/clever 3

20th December.  It's December’s Engine Shed blog!

The blog includes painted samples of R3711 ‘Princess Marie Louise’ and R3713 ‘Princess Arthur of Connaught’, first decorated samples of Mk3SD coaches and samples of R3716 ‘Holland America Line’ and R3717 ‘Aberdeen Commonwealth’.

There is also a competition to win R3781 Terrier 'Rolvenden' and R3693 Peckett B2 'Sherwood'.

Hey, its the 20th, almost there now.....

• Like 1

21st December.  Happy Winter Solstice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ShwcA8KkkM

Today, Hornby say: "WIN a £100 Hornby Voucher in our Christmas Competition"

Just visit their competition page and enter your details in the lucky dip...

22nd December. Showcasing the Hornby Collectors Club

Hornby Club members receive a whole host of benefits, including the fantastic Hornby Collector magazine, which is filled to the brim with model making tips and tricks, interviews and insightful articles. 

This Christmas we’re bringing you a sneak peek of some of the exclusive content Club members get to enjoy by giving you access to one of the many brilliant articles from the past year.  To read about Ten years of Javelin services, you can follow their link...

9 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I think I will ignore the Hornby advent calendar in future.  It's just a series of advertisements for Hornby and no deals as such.

Agree, meanwhile brought 2 locos (which were on my nice to have but not fussed about list) from Kernows version. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I think I will ignore the Hornby advent calendar in future.  It's just a series of advertisements for Hornby and no deals as such.

I think its probably worth having a quick look for the easy to enter (ie no social media entanglements) competitions. All they want for those is your name and email address which, if you've ever bought anything directly off them, they have already!

I've been very good with the retailer offers too, not bought a single thing!  (Or many things either, for that matter...)

Edited by Hroth
I missed an important word out.... :-)
  • Like 1

23rd December.  Nothing like a bit of forward advertising.....

The Hornby 2020 Range Launch!

Join us early next year as we reveal our new models for 2020. With a wealth of newly tooled items, we’re sure you can’t wait to see what will be announced. 

Never mind, only tomorrow left.  Christmas Greetings, I suppose....

• Funny 1