Bachmann coupling parts replacement

I think the coupling looks like a 36-061 which I think also comes with the pocket that it fits into.  See https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Bachmann-36-061-Short-Straight-Nem-Coupling-X10-OO-Gauge/2256012505?iid=322906915230 as an example.

I'm not so sure about the wagon mounting, but I'll suggest the Parkside Dundas PA34 mounting blocks, but they may need a little bit of packing to get the pocket mounting at the right height.  These would have to be glued to the wagon floor rather than screwed.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

You can't buy the item separately that has the screw but Parkside/Peco do the plastic bit that can be glued instead. Bachmann sell those couplings with the NEM attachment in packs of ten.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Bachmann make 4 types of NEM tension lock couplings, sold in packs of 10, enough for 5 vehicles.  They come with the coupling and the pocket part, and are short straight, short cranked, long straight, and, well, you get the idea.  

This is intended to cover all possible situations, but the ‘dovetail’ mounting block part is not sold separately by Bachmann or, TTBOMK, by any RTR manufacturer.  They are available from Parkside; order online from Hatton’s or Rails of Sheffield.  These can be superglued in the appropriate position, but you may need to either trim or pack the mount so the the coupling bar is at the correct height above the rail.  

Some RTR manufacturers sell the couplings without the pockets, which is why I buy Bachmanns, and in any case it is best if you can to standardise on one type to ensure compatibility of hook and bar profiles.  

Retrofitting mountings to bogie vehicles can be a problem.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Glad to help, Bobby.  I use the Parkside mounts and can say that they are clean mouldings in plastic soft enough to be easily trimmed if required.  £5.75 from Hatton's for a pack of 10, have to be cut from sprue.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Price of spare couplings now is obscene! 

Have a deep box full of ones gleaned over the years - its my retirement motherlode, better financial appreciation than any other investment!

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Glad to help, Bobby.  I use the Parkside mounts and can say that they are clean mouldings in plastic soft enough to be easily trimmed if required.  £5.75 from Hatton's for a pack of 10, have to be cut from sprue.

£4.95 including postage from Peters Spares on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parkside-Models-PA34-Mounting-Blocks-for-Bachmann-36-027-NEM-Couplings-Pk10-OO/323454984528?epid=9013503364&hash=item4b4f6b6150:g:PKUAAOSwUVBbon0q   Dearer off their own web site  once postage is taken into account despite not having to pay ebay any fees (£6.63 including potage):banghead: