Blackmoor, Lynton & Barnstaple Railway in 009 (c 1930) -East Grinstead done , next show is Taunton

roundhouse

Looks very nice. However I see that the signalman appears to be struggling to open the signal-box doors, so the driver of the Up train just SPADed the Up Starting anyway - time for a Form 1 maybe?

Better send for the locking technician too, as the dock road points were set for a conflicting move with the crossover road ....:-)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, RailWest said:

Looks very nice. However I see that the signalman appears to be struggling to open the signal-box doors, so the driver of the Up train just SPADed the Up Starting anyway - time for a Form 1 maybe?

Better send for the locking technician too, as the dock road points were set for a conflicting move with the crossover road ....:-)

We could do with quite a few form 1 blanks as generally it was us operators causing issues rather than the stock and layout🙂

The dock road turnout is actually separately controlled hence why it can often be seen set that way.

I may redo the signal box with the doors open and interior as it would be a nice feature.

1 hour ago, roundhouse said:

>>>The dock road turnout is actually separately controlled....

As was the prototype of course, but interlocking requires the crossover road to be normal before the dock road points could be set for the yard exit.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

More Manning and Wardle pony wheels now replaced with the Tramfabreik ones.

20240320_144842.jpg.fc883cf87ff9d3cea346b3357cb274b3.jpg

20240320_135117.jpg.f8cad793b3723c246d0f14d36e8665e5.jpg

I have also remapped a number of functions on the three sound fitted locos so that the main functions are much the same although not all. A least the more common ones are now very similar.

I have also printed and laminated new sound function info sheets on A5 then laminated them. However some of them may require altering before the Taunton show if I manage to fit sound in two more locos.

20240321_090023.jpg.9d73640a405adb196ec76713b1fa48e2.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 5

Are the Tramfabriek replacements for both Series 1 and Series 2 Manning Wardles? I've got a mixture of both and would dearly love to improve the running. Is it just the wheels that you have replaced or the whole pony truck? Is it an easy fix?

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 21/03/2024 at 15:03, Jon Baker said:

Are the Tramfabriek replacements for both Series 1 and Series 2 Manning Wardles? I've got a mixture of both and would dearly love to improve the running. Is it just the wheels that you have replaced or the whole pony truck? Is it an easy fix?

It’s just the wheels which have been replaced. A small piece of brass tube is required to insert into the factory pony truck as these axles are a smaller diameter.

I only have series 2 locos but I believe that they have the same design of pony truck.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I’ve not looked at this thread for a couple of years since you started building the hotel which got me looking at old photos and maps of the area but I’ve just driven to coombe Martin and went across the crossroads at Blackmoor and something just triggered at the back of my mind and I thought ‘I’m sure I’ve seen this on RMWeb’ and sure enough here it is! 

must have made a lasting impression on me

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, big jim said:

I’ve not looked at this thread for a couple of years since you started building the hotel which got me looking at old photos and maps of the area but I’ve just driven to coombe Martin and went across the crossroads at Blackmoor and something just triggered at the back of my mind and I thought ‘I’m sure I’ve seen this on RMWeb’ and sure enough here it is! 

must have made a lasting impression on me

Its quite different these days to how it used to look. We must make another trip as havent been there since 2019.

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

It’s quite different these days to how it used to look. We must make another trip as havent been there since 2019.

If the station wasn’t still standing you wouldn’t even know a railway went through there

it was weird I didn’t clock the station at first but for some reason the angle of the junction and wasteland to the right made a connection in my brain that I’d explored it on google maps despite me never having been in the area in my life! 

Shame I’m only here for one night, a last minute night away with the family who’ve been down here over Easter, I’ve got to be back in work tomorrow night or I’d have took a trip to woody bay but they want to show me Barnstable, well probably be back here in the summer again though 

• Like 1