Bachmann 2020 Range

Dax.b

2 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

From memory they are usually announced in February. 

Last year Andy Y posted the 2019 announcement on January 11th following a trade event. Reaction filled 18 pages of thread ending on March 17th. This may be no guide at all to their 2020 intentions and we wait and see what excitement or otherwise it generates.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The announcement was in March for many years but last year as stated above it was in January. I do not think there has been anything about the 2020 event. I had assumed it would be January but would have expected to be announced by now as retailers who wished to attend would have to be notified.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I think Bachmann are becoming aware of their poisonous reputation for extended lead times between announcement and delivery, and are playing catch up, no doubt referred to as 'consolidation' in the prospectus to the shareholders...

• Agree 2

I've just done a forum search and it would seem Bachmann first announced a "year of consolidation" to deal with their backlog as long ago as the 2014 announcement and appear to have repeated the same phrase at every range announcement since. 

Sadly, it appears we are no closer to resolution now than we were then.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Bon Accord said:

I've just done a forum search and it would seem Bachmann first announced a "year of consolidation" to deal with their backlog as long ago as the 2014 announcement and appear to have repeated the same phrase at every range announcement since. 

Sadly, it appears we are no closer to resolution now than we were then.

I recall that at the time, there was a correlation between Mr Hubbards retirement and activities since.

I do think Bachmann could end up like Wrenn, expensive, niche but for some models there just won’t be any substitute if you want it, more popular ones will be taken off by other manufacturers.

I was puzzled at so many plain black locos at the time, whilst cheaper to make, they don’t necessarily translate into sales demand, noted by the plethora of special offers on these today.

Bachmann has a world of other activities besides UK, or even other product lines in the Uk (scenic etc), it may just be that they just want to play a smaller role for a while, whilst we sort our political issues out, but retain focus on higher yield models.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Paul80 said:

Bachmann have this year decided to only announce products they plan to actually deliver in 2020.

So they will not be listing anything this year. :rolleyes:

Hat coat door :jester:

On that basis the answer should be found in the 2014 Bachmann catalogue......

• Funny 4

Quick wins that make commercial sense would be more 158 liveries. Another Regional Railways one with differing running number as anyone that purchases the first release would likely go for a second running number especially considering the new coupler. 

Class 101 releases would be welcome and allow them to sweat the assets from existing tooling.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, cs233 said:

Quick wins that make commercial sense would be more 158 liveries. Another Regional Railways one with differing running number as anyone that purchases the first release would likely go for a second running number especially considering the new coupler. 

Class 101 releases would be welcome and allow them to sweat the assets from existing tooling.

A few more liveries on the 150 Wouldn't go amiss either, with a few more of the more challenging liveries - I.e Wessex Trains, Valley Lines or FGW Local Lines. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

18 hours ago, cs233 said:

Except history has shown that often a second run within a year of the first run results in lots of models collecting dust on shelves.  Manufacturers tend to need to allow at least 2 years between runs for demand to return for an item, particularly if they are going to repeat a livery.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mdvle said:

Except history has shown that often a second run within a year of the first run results in lots of models collecting dust on shelves.  Manufacturers tend to need to allow at least 2 years between runs for demand to return for an item, particularly if they are going to repeat a livery.

Realtrack seems to be doing well with the 156 in various running numbers in the same livery. Not sure on the logic a new coupler to attract multiple working and then nothing of the same era to run it with?!

All artwork can be used again simply change the numbers.