Bachmann 2020 Range

Dax.b

I like how the 319 has got a lot of mentions, I assume everyone is happy for it to include the 769 is modelled? Though you could believe the 769 shall never work, it shall be a common sight by the end of this year and into the next on GWR, TfW and Northern. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, LNWR18901910 said:

In the words of Curly Jerome Horwitz Howard... I can hardly wait!

Hopefully, more LNWR RTR loc, stoc 'n' whatnot!

I think waiting is part of the Bachmann 'thing'. Announced 2020, decorated samples 2025. Released.....who knows.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 minutes ago, AJCT said:

Any possibility of the retooled Thompson ex-LNER corridor stock in BR lined maroon ??

Alasdair

Do you mean the new retooled Thompson s as released in tesk and crimson cream? If so absolutely why weren't they released first?

Hello,

2020 from Bachmann - personally the DRS Class 20’s coming out are probably my top item. (I know it’s not a new announcement but they are due this year) 

A useful item would be to add the WCRC MK2 brake coach to go with the TSO’s due out and hopefully the WCRC 57 in OO as seen in the 2mm range this year. I’m actually hoping for not too much to tempt this year only because Accurascale, Heljan and Revolution are producing items that are very relevant for my interests. Hopefully plenty of interesting models for those with different eras though. 

Whatever is announced I hope its a success for Bachmann as they have given us a lot of good models over the years.

cheers

Mark

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, davidw said:

Do you mean the new retooled Thompson s as released in tesk and crimson cream? If so absolutely why weren't they released first?

Standard Bachmann practice unfortunately - don’t release the most popular livery first in the hope that some of us will settle for the ‘nearest’ match to our needs first and then buy the livery we really want when they deign to release it. They got me with the portholes but I’ve stayed strong and not bought any famine and cream Thompson’s. Yet!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 03/01/2020 at 22:31, woodenhead said:

The point I wasn't raising was that by the time the Exec livery arrived the Mk3 sleepers were beginning to be stored  as the services were withdrawn apart from Anglo Scottish and Penzance.

It was later than that before the big run-down of Sleepers following various decisions to chop the ECML ones and concentrate on a smaller number of longer trains on the WCML. Then (1991/2?) the Cross-Country Sleepers got withdrawn. I think all or nearly all bar accident victims from the Mk3 sleeper fleet would have made it into Swallow, let alone executive.

On 05/12/2019 at 13:34, surfsup said:

A few more liveries on the 150 Wouldn't go amiss either, with a few more of the more challenging liveries - I.e Wessex Trains, Valley Lines or FGW Local Lines. 

I suggested two 150/2's to them directly at a show; original "running man" Sprinter logo (as worn by all 85 of them and a fairly small adjustment from the Regional Railways version) and the Wessex Trains purple with pink doors. I'd go as far as suggesting a second Regional Railways release with different numbers and destinations would sell now that it's been nearly a decade since the original 150270 with Leeds and York, and that is getting very scarce now. 

Reading through this thread shows one thing- everybody wants something different! Doesn't give them a clear direction to head in other than to play catch up on old promises.

• Like 2

On 04/01/2020 at 09:57, Denbridge said:

I think waiting is part of the Bachmann 'thing'. Announced 2020, decorated samples 2025. Released.....who knows.

My hope, now that Bachmann's pipeline seems to be functioning again, is that they will have at least 1 item that they announce be at the EP stage already - a demonstration that they have turned the corner from their recent woes.

2 hours ago, fiftyfour fiftyfour said:

It was later than that before the big run-down of Sleepers following various decisions to chop the ECML ones and concentrate on a smaller number of longer trains on the WCML. Then (1991/2?) the Cross-Country Sleepers got withdrawn. I think all or nearly all bar accident victims from the Mk3 sleeper fleet would have made it into Swallow, let alone executive.

Sleeper services contracted throughout the 80s - the Northwest services went in 1983

I used to see the stored stock at Crewe Basford and recall it being blue/grey.

Maybe they simply never got used and went straight to storage as it became apparent there was no use for these?

Edited by woodenhead

• RMweb Premium

My guesses for this year's announcements:

New tooling:

LMS original Royal Scot

LNER ex-GCR N5 0-6-2T - to complete lineup of Big 4 0-6-2Ts

Class 319 

Mk2f DBSO with gangway at cab end removed 

GCR 6-wheel brake van

SER 6-wheel brake van (one survives on Kent & East Sussex) http://www.ws.rhrp.org.uk/ws/WagonInfo.asp?Ref=9280

Reliveries:

SECR birdcage brake 3rd in departmental black

LMS Porthole BTK in blue/grey

Mk2fs in Anglia livery

Class 150/1 in Silverlink livery with First Great Western branding

Class 150/2 in Provincial livery

Edited by gc4946
  • Like 5

I am hoping for a Scottish 47/4 in large logo with highland stags or west highland terriers from around 1985/6.  I don't know why Bachmann are so reluctant to release a Scottish 47/4 when they release Scottish 37/4s seemingly every year. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Sleeper services contracted throughout the 80s - the Northwest services went in 1983

I used to see the stored stock at Crewe Basford and recall it being blue/grey.

Maybe they simply never got used and went straight to storage as it became apparent there was no use for these?

Edited by fiftyfour fiftyfour

I agree with the Scottish 47/4 in LL with Westie on the side to compliment my excellent 47593 Galloway Princess renumbered by ABC Workshops.

How about a yellow 75 ton diesel crane to the same standard as the new steam one please...

John 

8 minutes ago, fiftyfour fiftyfour said:

apologies, tried to delete a posting 'cos the discussion had moved off into the UK prototype page! Be gentle, I'm still new...

AFAIK, you cannot delete a post, but you can hide it from the options menu (actually, it seems to be the only option on the options menu!):

options.jpg

Edited by truffy
more helpful image
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, GD said:

I am hoping for a Scottish 47/4 in large logo with highland stags or west highland terriers from around 1985/6.  I don't know why Bachmann are so reluctant to release a Scottish 47/4 when they release Scottish 37/4s seemingly every year. 

we are still waiting for a BR blue 47 with dominoes and a 47/7 is large logo blue both announced last year, so I suspect another Scottish 47 is unlikely this year. But I agree it’s absence from Bachmann’s programme of 47s so far, bearing in mind the popularity of Scottish liveries, is surprising.