Bachmann 2020 Range

Dax.b

2 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I believe a lot of what may have been prepared to be announced has been affected considerably by a certain very major and tragic situation.

Al.

You might be right, the Rails update mentioning this morning was from 14 days ago but the announcements could still happen albeit with a suitable caveat.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I believe a lot of what may have been prepared to be announced has been affected considerably by a certain very major and tragic situation.

Al.

Cod!

The relevant post was made pre-Coronavuirus - 

Phil and I are going to see them tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Al.

I'm SURE the model railway community, being the understanding, cool-headed, rational group of people that it is, would forgive Bachmann if their delivery time intentions were affected............. 

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Well lets get on regardless :P

Wow just wow and I never expected it to be in green too

Not sure about that choice of Chimney, if they had done the other one it would have been good as a base to convert to that

How many of those do we need

I'll have ten of those

At last

HOW much!!!

Another delay

Wow that's already in tooling

Roll on 2021

Write out 100 times "I must not mock the afflicted!".

• Funny 2

12 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Well lets get on regardless :P

Wow just wow and I never expected it to be in green too

Not sure about that choice of Chimney, if they had done the other one it would have been good as a base to convert to that

How many of those do we need

I'll have ten of those

At last

HOW much!!!

Another delay

Wow that's already in tooling

Roll on 2021

You forgot the evergreen "my poor wallet"/"credit card's gonna take a beating"

• Funny 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Downer said:

Way back on p6 of this thread is a Bachmann promise to make an announcement on Feb 5.  Is this the wrong day?

And several times on this thread, @AY Mod has pointed out Bachmann have said there won't be a big announcement as in previous years.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Downer said:

Way back on p6 of this thread is a Bachmann promise to make an announcement on Feb 5.  Is this the wrong day?

Wait, so we’ve got to go though all this again tomorrow? tomorrow? tomorrow? tomorrow? tomorrow?...........

Edited by bigP

3 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

And several times on this thread, @AY Mod has pointed out Bachmann have said there won't be a big announcement as in previous years.

I wasn't expecting anything until I saw that page from Rails and then got a little caught up in the froth.

Edited by woodenhead
was where there should have been a wasnt
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Downer said:

I have read the thread, thanks, and wasn’t expecting a ‘big’ announcement, just some update re the next three months.

Which is probably more so why there is nothing as what is going on right now will impact what happens in the next three month's

It's easy to forget what is going on when your not involved directly in it.

• Administrators
Just now, Downer said:

I have read the thread, thanks, and wasn’t expecting a ‘big’ announcement, just some update re the next three months.

Which you will get from @AY Mod and myself, but probably not until late tomorrow/Thursday. Some of the trade, who are at today's event, might let stuff out of the bag later.

If there was anything major, Bachmann would have let us have it so we could tell you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Which you will get from @AY Mod and myself, but probably not until late tomorrow/Thursday. Some of the trade, who are at today's event, might let stuff out of the bag later.

If there was anything major, Bachmann would have let us have it so we could tell you.

You mean I microwaved a bag of popcorn @10am for nothing!...now it's gone cold like my enthusiasm.

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

And whatever announcements are or are not made, the products will be here for sale when they are here. 

As one of my old workmates said when pressed on a delivery date "Do you want it now or do you want it right". 

I suspect the answer on here would be "I want it RIGHT NOW"

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

In fairness Andy did post , I think the day after the Hornby announcements, that Bachmann were giving an update on existing programs on 5th Feb . Maybe a Bachmann move to temper expectations following the Hornby spectacular. So I'm not expecting anything new  but an update on when certain items will arrive . But then confusingly some people got combined edition catalogues with a promise that there would be updates at three monthly intervals , the first of which they believed is now, could it be its actually in three months ? I think its this latter point that has caused the confusion and semi froth , as people now expect something new today or tomorrow .  Coupled to which Rails then splash across their website that the Bachmann 2020 range is announced today 4th Feb.  Much confusion .

I've long since given up on Bachmann . Fortunately other than the Caley 812 with Rails (hopefully we will get update from Rails today/ tomorrow) there's really nothing that I'm particularly looking for  . I suppose I'm more Railroad end of the market while Bachmann are going in the opposite direction, high spec, high price, higher margin , lower volumes , so they are ceasing to be of relevance to me . Still keep an eye out though..........Class 303 blue train, Dunalastair . You never know .

Edited by Legend
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

But then confusingly some people got combined edition catalogues with a promise that there would be updates at three monthly intervals , the first of which they believed is now. I think its this latter point that has caused the confusion and semi froth , as people now expect something new today or tomorrow .

Here is the relevant from the Bachmann news page http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2020/01/a-new-era-dawns-for-Bachmann-europe/ :

New products will now be announced in the quarterly British Railway Announcements supplement that will be supplied with the Bachmann Times, the official magazine of the Bachmann Collectors Club. The Spring 2020 Bachmann Times, complete with the first edition of British Railway Announcements, will be published at the start of February and the new products featured will all be released within three months of announcement.

So todays update is what is being released in the next three months. If any new items are announced they will be new liveries on existing tooling.

• Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, AlexHolt said:

Does this mean we aren't likely to see any 'new' announcements from Bachmann? They are still playing catch up from 2014? 

No new tooling announcements. These will only be announced once there is actual progress on the model/physical sample rather than the previous way where models were announced before any work has been done.