Bachmann 2020 Range

Dax.b

4 minutes ago, AlexHolt said:

Does this mean we aren't likely to see any 'new' announcements from Bachmann? They are still playing catch up from 2014? 

We are expecting an update of what is going to be released in the next three months.

If you are hoping for new tooling to be announced you are going to be disappointed.

We may, and I stress may, get new liveries on existing tooling announced.

7 minutes ago, Paul.Uni said:

We may, and I stress may, get new liveries on existing tooling announced.

Realistically that's all I am expecting, for me personally if Bachmann release another Colas 70, DRS/NR liveried DBSO and a current day liveried Class 90 then that would be great but if not then that is also ok.

Edited by classy52

54 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

As one of my old workmates said when pressed on a delivery date "Do you want it now or do you want it right". 

I suspect the answer on here would be "I want it RIGHT NOW"

Or, as we used to say in my old work place:

On time;

No defects;

Pick one.

More generally, I think the fact that Bachmann has chosen not to include anything new in their 2020 catalogue only means that people will be more interested than ever in these quarterly announcements - even if it is only to find out if there will be any re-liveried items in the next three months.

However, if Thomas is all they have to announce then so be it.  Hornby and Accurascale have planned so much this year that I want to get I will be glad if the only thing I have to buy from Bachmann is their much anticipated (well, by me anyway!) Class 117.

Edited by cwam
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Phil Parker said:

And several times on this thread, @AY Mod has pointed out Bachmann have said there won't be a big announcement as in previous years.

This mornings initial welcome at the Bachmann events confirms this. Basically, Bachmann will hold an event every 3 months, what they announce at each event they plan and expect to deliver to retailers with the following 3 month. 

So to clarify, whatever does get announced today, we can expect to see in stock within the next 3 months.

We are still waiting for this list of products to be revealed.

• Thanks 6
  • Informative/Useful 6

20 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

With a Coal Tank though....

The description is the one for The Station Pilot set.

I did puzzle over why The Thanet Flyer would be a station pilot running an LNWR coal tank.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Oliver Rails said:

This mornings initial welcome at the Bachmann events confirms this. Basically, Bachmann will hold an event every 3 months, what they announce at each event they plan and expect to deliver to retailers with the following 3 month. 

So at the planned Bachmann event, you got the planned Bachmann announcement of the Bachmann announcement plan.

• Funny 5

14 minutes ago, Oliver Rails said:

So to clarify, whatever does get announced today, we can expect to see in stock within the next 3 months.

We are still waiting for this list of products to be revealed.

One of the American manufacturers has done something similar. They basically only announce new production items once they are ready for shipping. New tooling is announced much earlier.

For me, I've ended up ordering less...

I like to plan my purchases in advance as much for intrest as for budgeting. This makes it more difficult.

Luke

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Realistically that's all I am expecting, for me personally if Bachmann release another Colas 70, DRS/NR liveried DBSO and a current day liveried Class 90 then that would be great but if not then that is also ok.

I'd probably be keen for all three of those! Also wanted a Northern 158 but I aren't that keen anymore until we know what's happening livery wise

• Like 1

OK we have the list. We are listing now and will update shortly. 20 items. No new toolings at this stage.

Keep checking:

https://railsofsheffield.com/search?Personalise=false&searchTerm=2020+range&Manufacturer=Bachmann&Category=2020+Range&SortMethod=Relevance&PageSize=24

Edited by Oliver Rails
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

So at the planned Bachmann event, you got the planned Bachmann announcement of the Bachmann announcement plan.

No, the announcement of the announcement plan was on the 24th January http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2020/01/a-new-era-dawns-for-Bachmann-europe/

Today is the update of what is to be released over the next three months, which may or may not include new liveries on existing tooling.

• AY Mod locked this topic