Newbie/Returnee

z4driver

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

After many years, I'm getting back in to model railroading. Currently I'm building a very small portable 009 layout as a practice. However, long term (couple of years time) plan is for a HO reasonably present day CSX layout in a shed. I used to have a large (13' 6" x 12' 6") BN N gauge layout but unfortunately circumstances including a move meant I had to sell up. The change to HO is due to old aged eyesight :)

I've been looking at Lance Mindheim's books and various Youtube channels and find the idea of an industrial switching layout operated reasonably realistically fascinating so that's the plan.

I've recently rejoined the NMRA BR after a 15 year break although currently a bit confused/disappointed. Two websites, neither of which seem to work, forum a ghost town, no access to the current edition of Roundhouse on-line (which I've paid for as a Bronze member) and no answers to emails :( so not sure what's going on there.

Also I've been trying to find out about Freemo in the Midlands. As I won't be having my own layout for a couple of years and obviously I'm duty bound to start buying stock :) it would be nice to have somewhere to run it. Also I'm thinking about building a module which would then fit into my own layout when built. I understand that there is an group which meets in Staffordshire, does anyone have a contact for it?

Cheers Lee

• Like 1

• Like 1