Jouef Thalys

Crocodile414

• RMweb Premium

I don't think it is, I seem to remember seeing somewhere an article or video clip about converting one to run with the other (might have been TGVs but it amounts to the same thing) but can't remember where. Sorry, not very helpful!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDW said:

I don't think it is, I seem to remember seeing somewhere an article or video clip about converting one to run with the other (might have been TGVs but it amounts to the same thing) but can't remember where. Sorry, not very helpful!

Thanks for the reply, I'll try emailing Hornby/Jouef directly and see if they know!

Cheers, Nick

The link above relates to the old Jouef model from the 1990s, the bogie setup of which was pretty much copied by Mehano (the trailers can be made to fit with a bit of work, I've done it myself with a Jouef AVE and a Mehano AVE bar trailer (never produced by Jouef).

The newer Hornby/Jouef models use the old Lima tooling which has a completely different and far more complex bogie, you'd probably struggle to adapt a Mehano trailer to the mechanism, although the other way round may be a possibility.

JB