Class 24/25 headcode boxes

Hi All, has anybody had any experience modifying a Bachmann class 24 by fitting a  headcode box to the roof, essentially similar to the class 25?  The late members of the class had the headcode boxes and typically the one I wish to model would be one of these examples.  Cheers in advance, Mick

There will be a headcode fitted 24 brought to the market soon, wouldnt it be easier to buy one of them rather than fit the headcode box, remove the discs etc?

Edited by royaloak

51 minutes ago, royaloak said:

There will be a headcode fitted 24 brought to the market soon, wouldnt it be easier to buy one of them rather than fit the headcode box, remove the discs etc?

Like a bus, there will be two headcode fitted 24s coming along soon - depends if you want Scottish or English variants.

5 hours ago, rka said:

I might have a set of the brass masters headcode box roofs for the class 24 should I find them would anyone we ant them?

rka that would be appreciated!

17 hours ago, royaloak said:

Of course it would but who wants to do anything the easy way?  I already have a loco, chances are I would have to  renumber it anyway to suit what I want to do. 

Cheers all!

46 minutes ago, PMP said:

Here’s  one I did earlier, Shawplan grill and laser glazing makes a big difference too.

BA027FFC-E6DB-491B-8BE0-B93621DE046D.jpeg

Spot on that, its pretty much what I'm aiming for. 

2 hours ago, royaloak said:

I did think that after I posted, it is after all called, gulp, modelling, enjoy your conversion.

that's what we're here for!  cheers