Need to change six points simultaneously on one PSU/CDU, which one should I get?

toolongtoremember

As in the above topic, I have bought a new layout, but the previous owner retained the control and PSU hardware. 

I need to know which CDU/PSU combo will change six points simultaneously? The reason is that it is wired to set routes rather than change individual points and the wiring is very complex and inaccessible to change. 

I tried the Gaugemaster PSU and CDU, but they don't seem powerful enough. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks.

I would  consider the DCC Concepts CDU 2+ Mains Powered which according to their literature worked 12 solenoid motors all at once and never failed! Link to Hattons for combined power source and CDU  or perhaps the  Blocksignalling CDU4 Link to Blocksignalling 

If using a stand alone CDU then the input source really needs to be a minimum of 16 volts AC or around 19 to 22 volts DC.

Text edit to add URLs

Edited by Brian
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I would  consider the DCC Concepts CDU 2+ Mains Powered which according to their literature worked 12 solenoid motors all at once and never failed! Link to Hattons for combined power source and CDU  or perhaps the  Blocksignalling CDU4 Link to Blocksignalling 

If using a stand alone CDU then the input source really needs to be a minimum of 16 volts AC or around 19 to 22 volts DC.

Text edit to add URLs

The DCC Concepts unit it is! I really do like the sounds of that! 

I have a use for the other Gaugemaster stuff I already have, a small four point layout, with points thrown individually. 

• 3 weeks later...