MR Signalling help required, please

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Stephen Freeman said:

The SRS diagram looks much the same if not identical to the photo in said book dated 1967

Thanks, Stephen. Book duly ordered it's one of the ones that I didn't have. 

• RMweb Gold

Book duly arrived but of little help. Most photos are from LMR times although the photo Stephen refers to does show plenty of goods yard items like sheds and huts and where I need to site the loading gauge.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Stephen Freeman said:

I don't  know if you have looked at Templot Club, but in the thread on "Off Track" (I think there are a few photos of Buxton mainly BR of the LNWR station) which may be of interest.

Hi Steve, you couldn't point me as to which thread the photos are on please? Thanks.

19 hours ago, Stephen Freeman said:

I don't  know if you have looked at Templot Club, but in the thread on "Off Track" (I think there are a few photos of Buxton mainly BR of the LNWR station) which may be of interest.

Back on main PC now - much more sensible typing. The first two photos were taken at the Midland station, you can tell amongst other things because of the remains of the LNWR flyover track.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Stephen Freeman said:

Back on main PC now - much more sensible typing. The first two photos were taken at the Midland station, you can tell amongst other things because of the remains of the LNWR flyover track.

The LNWR flyover track crossed the LNWR station too. The first two images are of the LNWR station. You can tell by the track arrangement ( 3 parallel approach tracks with a crossover direct from 1 to 3) and the DMU stabling on the LHS.