Pontefract Model Railway Exhibition 25/26 January 2020

Koyli

I had an enjoyable visit to the show so thanks to all.  There's always a good mix and there were several layouts and demos that caught my eye.

The change in exhibition layout had plusses and minuses and I guess we'll get used to it.  Looking at the layouts in the dance (?) studio with mirrored walls was a bit bizarre. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

My first visit to Pontefract and I enjoyed the show.  A excellent selection of layouts covering just about every interest. A fair selection of traders, but I got less than half my shopping list. Good food and plenty of room. One of the best layouts was the lego one, quite amazing what it had, especially the deltic with two engines inside.

It’s been well noted about the mirror room, we have been shown alternative classrooms to this one for next year, this will hopefully alleviate the surreal surroundings we were in.

Thanks to everyone who exhibited demoed or traded, the ladies in the cafe for the awesome homemade cake, but most of all the visitors, without you it’s a lot of hard work for no gratification, we look forward to seeing you all again next year.

regards,

Richard.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, 70000 Britannia said:

Arcadia Pennsylvania safely back in store - after a most enjoyable weekend in Pontefract.  Many thanks to Tony and the N&P MRS team for making it such a freindly and memorable event.

Glad you enjoyed it. You made good neighbours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ColinK said:

I was very impressed with this layout. Remarkably the deltic engines actually worked.

FCADAE8C-09B8-44BD-96A5-96A1D6C37E28.jpeg.998d97ac27f9ab14158cf2b90c5e67e5.jpeg30B4542E-A4E9-43D3-8A8D-4A6423AE986E.jpeg.112a44fad7ae65e1695f16bbe4067260.jpegDD5E4423-5815-47DD-8178-5A0E944DE2AF.jpeg.c64977767b9f7d9b3e05a4df9b6874aa.jpegE9F15406-9C38-44BC-AB56-56A8A6C6FD0C.jpeg.256d237a5fda489b6baff876fe736922.jpeg

yes  there’s a lot of thought gone into the locos, you can tell what they are and the big deltic is really good. Unfortunately last year the lad who owns the Lego dropped a box with three A4s in, he spent the weekend  rebuilding.

• RMweb Gold
On 29/01/2020 at 18:08, 5050 said:

Sadly I couldn't make it this year, I've had a bug since Christmas and Mrs 5050 went down with it on Saturday!  A good show by all accounts.

It was - my incomplete album is here.

Pontefract 2020

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gilbert said:

It was - my incomplete album is here.

Pontefract 2020

hope your feeling better Paul.

Derwent road was the star of the show for me.

always liked this when I asked for details of it at Warley. It’s quirky different with its own wow factor.

Lymebrook yard again for me the best n gauge layout on the circuit, it’s got everything you need and is the answer to the I have no room for a layout question.

When I could escape Hardwick Bridge, St Ruth and Mills bridge kept drawing me back. I finally got to see the dusk sequence on St Ruth and the atmosphere on Mills bridge left me looking for my inhaler.

Edited by doilum
Predictive text error