Model Rail Scotland 2020 - Glasgow SEC 21st - 23rd February

ColinRae

Scotland’s biggest Model Railway exhibition returns for its 54th year.

The event returns to the SEC venue in Glasgow, Grant Thomson from Clyde 1 and special guests will open the show at  10am on Friday 21st Feb

Model Rail Scotland – 2020 will take place on Friday 21st , Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd February at Hall 3 of the Scottish Event Campus Glasgow and bring together over 50 model railway layouts representing a wide range scales and eras.

The exhibition is ‘supported’ by Hornby Hobbies, Bachmann Europe, Peco and Squires Tools who will be present to  show their latest range of products in addition a diverse range of trade exhibitors are participating accompanied by society and railway interest groups which will provide an excellent selection of exhibits for both the experienced and inexperienced in the hobby.

A large number of layouts will be making either their first ever appearance at Model Rail Scotland or visiting a Scottish exhibition for their first time.

Edited by ColinRae
  • Like 9

Hello 

Or in our case Colin our layout 'Towcester' will be making a second appearance in a slightly longer form. Looking forward to it already.

Cheers

George

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ColinRae said:

Scotland’s biggest Model Railway exhibition returns for its 54th year.

A large number of layouts will be making either their first ever appearance at Model Rail Scotland or visiting a Scottish exhibition for their first time.

Certainly a first for us as it will only be Shap's fifth exhibition appearance. Really looking forward to it, having been as a visitor to Model Rail Scotland a couple of times over the years. Also pleased to be at a three day show; makes the effort that goes into transporting the layout all the more worthwhile.

Below, Tony Wright's recent photo captures the 1950's Royal Scot heading up the bank en route to Glasgow. See this and a whole host of other Anglo-Scottish expresses running on the layout at the show.

Shap204northboundRoyalScot_TW.jpg.214f423df5b19037196201409dc67830.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, LNER4479 said:

Certainly a first for us as it will only be Shap's fifth exhibition appearance. Really looking forward to it, having been as a visitor to Model Rail Scotland a couple of times over the years. Also pleased to be at a three day show; makes the effort that goes into transporting the layout all the more worthwhile.

Below, Tony Wright's recent photo captures the 1950's Royal Scot heading up the bank en route to Glasgow. See this and a whole host of other Anglo-Scottish expresses running on the layout at the show.

This is great news. I saw Shap at Warley three(?) years ago, so it's much appreciated that you're bringing it to Glasgow this year!

I shall look forward to admiring it again.

Best

Scott

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, LNER4479 said:

Excellent news . Looking forward to this .

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Also appearing at the 2020 Model Rail Scotland Exhibition will be Camel Quay

What might have been.............

Camel Quay was built by the Rock Delabole Railway Company but the busy sidings also serve a small fishing fleet and small coasters carrying local china clay and coal. There is a repair shop, offices and a few marine businesses on the dock side.

Hospitality

The Railway Tavern receives a delivery from the brewery and the hotel has a special guest. Locals and holidaymakers buy fresh bread and cakes, stop off for afternoon tea or queue for fish and chips.

Rolling Stock

Representing the late 1950s THROUGH TO 1970s

Locomotives are sound fitted and include M7, N Class, O2, T9, Beattie Well Tank and Class 22 diesel hydraulic.

Coaching stock consists of ex-LSWR, Maunsell and push-pull sets.

Open and covered china clay wagons are shunted along the quay while mixed freight trains arrive at the goods shed.

Eltel 

E994E086-75B8-461C-9BD0-12CCD375D02A.jpeg

153886CE-16EF-42ED-829C-B5ECAF2494B0.jpeg

98CBC13E-0EF6-4727-9277-46AA0236F84A.jpeg

Edited by ELTEL
  • Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to 'Whithorn' attending -  and as seen in the February 2020 issue of BRM Magazine.  This will be its first visit north of the border.  Attached pictures courtesy of Andy York. (AM)

Feature_12.jpg

Feature_3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

11 hours ago, ardbealach said:

Looking forward to 'Whithorn' attending -  and as seen in the February 2020 issue of BRM Magazine.  This will be its first visit north of the border.  Attached pictures courtesy of Andy York. (AM)

Look forward to seeing it.

• RMweb Premium

It's that time of year again!

My O gauge layout "Glasshouse Loan" will be representing Bonnybridge Model Railway Club, now that my official duties as showguide editor are nearly done I'm cracking on with more rolling stock kits for the layout!

Hopefully we'll see you there.

1848447518_Glasshouse2.jpg.7a6019605718f4c1adcb47caa9b01ac9.jpg

1042104927_Glasshouse3.jpg.4ee1da0843be9ee266213fe5e2b4df59.jpg

1552578879_Glasshouse1.jpg.9440df1e43b21426ce1a84b5c42622cb.jpg

• Like 8

Looking forward to exhibiting Alloa again at our home show.

The layout has been the subject of an intensive refresh over the last few months with all new back scenes and most scenics including all grasses and many trees replaced.

In addition several of the bespoke signals have been rebuilt and as always rolling stock is absolutely accurate for location.

A few recent pics for those not familiar with the trainset.

IMG_1685.jpeg.395d884404195c597f302392444b6895.jpegIMG_1683.jpeg.370822a82d65e805d5e91df0df496255.jpegIMG_4174-2.jpg.77e7c89bf61a0036965b7cb781d6328a.jpgIMG_4194-4.jpg.c042775820fcd7765431195041b10141.jpgIMG_1177-1.jpg.23cada865b8e79b67a4452d354bd8768.jpgIMG_1510.jpg.209037c050015318094faf865c5db38b.jpg

Dave.

Edited by vitalspark
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

I have resolved to get to the SEC one more time, its about 20 years since I last ventured there. I used to be a regular, helping on MG Sharps, The Railway King, Contikits, C&G Models etc.

This years layouts look exceptional!

Should be there on the friday.

Ernie

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vitalspark said:

Looking forward to exhibiting Alloa again at our home show.

The layout has been the subject of an intensive refresh over the last few months with all new back scenes and most scenics including all grasses and many trees replaced.

In addition several of the bespoke signals have been rebuilt and as always rolling stock is absolutely accurate for location.

A few recent pics for those not familiar with the trainset.

Dave.

I'm looking forward to seeing Alloa again..... no flimsy support legs on this layout - I can vouch for that. 

Hopefully I'll spot it in my wing mirrors this time!!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1