Model Rail Scotland 2020 - Glasgow SEC 21st - 23rd February

ColinRae

• RMweb Premium

I’ll be keeping a sharp eye on the weather forecast as I will travelling up to Glasgow on the Thursday with Camel Quay from Stafford and my fellow operator from Lichfield.

The third member of the team travelling up by train early Friday morning.

Fingers crossed that we won’t be having a third weekend of storms or snow.

The layout is already packed for its visit to Model Rail Scotland 

98E6212B-FC37-44D5-82D5-5FFA9620F934.jpeg

0E3BFE14-AE87-4A81-8EB7-656D29F099E1.jpeg

• Like 2

'Whithorn' final checks now being carried out, before its first visit north of the border, and up the M6 and M74 on Thursday.   Our team of three operators are al looking forward to the Glasgow weekend. (AM) 

Feature_2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Revised Timetable due to road closures in Glasgow.
The bus Stop in George Square is now Stop 6A outside Costa / George House.
Vintage Bus timetables for 2020 - please note the times do vary each day - this is to offer an improved service at busy times based on how well this service has been used over the last few years.
A separate service will operate to the Transport Museum
This bus is provided by PreScoBus
(Updated 17/2/20)

Bus_Friday.jpg

Bus_Saturday.jpg

Bus_Sunday.jpg

Bus_PreScoBus.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

This year we will have some fun containers for sale form Stand 1.

Not only will you have the opportunity to buy a Tunnocks container for £10 ... but you guessed it - you'll get a tea cake or Caramel wafer too :)

OO Gauge - 2 variants in 40ft and 1 in 20ft

N Gauge - 2 variants in 40ft

All pried at £10

IMG_4002.JPG

IMG_4004.JPG

IMG_4005.JPG

IMG_4006.JPG

IMG_4007.JPG

IMG_4008.JPG

IMG_4009.JPG

IMG_4010.JPG

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Looking forward to this show very much. It'll be the first time I have attended for many years since leaving Scotland to work in the SE of England. For reasons far too boring to explain here, I have opted to do the overnight National Express trip from Canterbury, arriving in Glasgow on Friday morning, and then I'll make my way to the SEC. I'm doing the return trip on Friday night after the show, probably after a curry and a beer to take the edge off the journey, so I'll be back in Kent on Saturday morning. If anyone wants to say hello, I'll be the one looking like a zombie. Oh, and apologies in advance but I will have a small rucksack with me - I know some of our brethren don't place too much emphasis on such trifles, but for me clean underwear and toiletries are essential on this foolish little escapade and have to be carried somehow.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

6 hours ago, forest2807 said:

Oh, and apologies in advance but I will have a small rucksack with me - I know some of our brethren don't place too much emphasis on such trifles, but for me clean underwear and toiletries are essential on this foolish little escapade and have to be carried somehow.

I'm sure a big show like this will have a cloakroom for such situations ^_^

Just a suggestion, not a complaint/criticism

On 18/02/2020 at 17:49, ColinRae said:

This year we will have some fun containers for sale form Stand 1.

Not only will you have the opportunity to buy a Tunnocks container for £10 ... but you guessed it - you'll get a tea cake or Caramel wafer too :)

OO Gauge - 2 variants in 40ft and 1 in 20ft

N Gauge - 2 variants in 40ft

All pried at £10

IMG_4002.JPG

Fantastic!! I shall be making a bee-line and see if we can fit one on Shap's Freightliner train for the weekend!

(I love the caramel wafers!)

Edited by LNER4479
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, forest2807 said:

Looking forward to this show very much. It'll be the first time I have attended for many years since leaving Scotland to work in the SE of England. For reasons far too boring to explain here, I have opted to do the overnight National Express trip from Canterbury, arriving in Glasgow on Friday morning, and then I'll make my way to the SEC. I'm doing the return trip on Friday night after the show, probably after a curry and a beer to take the edge off the journey, so I'll be back in Kent on Saturday morning. If anyone wants to say hello, I'll be the one looking like a zombie. Oh, and apologies in advance but I will have a small rucksack with me - I know some of our brethren don't place too much emphasis on such trifles, but for me clean underwear and toiletries are essential on this foolish little escapade and have to be carried somehow.

You think a curry will take the edge off the bus journey .....................................Not in my experience!

Looking forward to show

• Like 1

18 hours ago, forest2807 said:

12 hours ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

I'm sure a big show like this will have a cloakroom for such situations ^_^

Just a suggestion, not a complaint/criticism

'Problem' can be easily solved by turning the ruck (German for 'back') sack into a front sack, i.e. wearing across your chest not your back.

Malcolm has prepared this mini display of the OHLE “kit” he used to construct the portals for Hallside which can seen at stand C20 this weekend.

This should help illustrate replies to the “how did you make them” questions 

D705DE90-A6B9-4DF6-A792-5E7259AB1EB3.jpeg

Edited by lambiedg
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

Hello everyone,

Rannoch is all set up along with the Scottish Modellers/DEMU demo area behind. Plenty of grubby EWS 37’s in action along with several new workings compared to 2013, especially the Realtrack 156 that fills the main gap. 
Looking round briefly tonight there is an excellent selection of quality layouts which I’m looking forward to watching over the weekend.

Hopefully see a lot of you over the next few days so do come by and say hello!

Thanks

Mark

CC07DDB6-A912-4118-96E2-2BDAA5169F4F.jpeg

85F0E23C-F24A-4977-97C8-679546E4239A.jpeg

D9E72DBC-0E1E-44C4-BD87-6DD1D3A0EDF2.jpeg

• Like 5

23 hours ago, forest2807 said:

Navigating the exhibition with a rucksack would be a nightmare. Friday will be busy. As suggested, take advantage of the (modestly priced) cloak room.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

Not sure if we will make it to the SEC, concerned about crossing the footbridge over the river Clyde. It’s wild out there. Might stay in our hotel and await photos on here. Wrap up warm everybody. 

There is a pedestrian tunnel under the river at the SECC, it's near the two rotundas.

• Thanks 1