P4 Track choice

14 hours ago, Junctionmad said:

Even worse , I believe in the end , he abandoned everything 

Still going strong !! granted taken several detours, but is developing into what the OP wants from his railway. Many layouts grow/develop organically I have a plan for my own layout the main outline will remain constant, however the exact placing of turnouts and perhaps the odd extra siding will evolve as the layout grows.

Also I gave in to the lure of EM gauge, for me as most of my stock is kitbuilt and I had planed to update older chassis to modern etched ones, the extra cost of conversion is minimal. Also I planned to build my track as the appearance and detail of ready to run turnouts is not up to the standard I require.

Nothing wrong experimenting in either scale or gauge if that is what you enjoy. or in being a builder rather than a user. Equally nothing wrong if you get your pleasure from driving trains or running to a timetable etc

I was referring to Eastwood town 

edit : I do see a recent post that suggests Gordon is still at it. Wonderful news 

im not knocking anyone by the way , personally I’m a “ builder “ and hence I never finish layouts as I move to the next iteration. But I’m happy with that approach. So what if I never actually get a running layout. It’s about enjoying your hobby. If that’s stops get out of it. 

Edited by Junctionmad

12 hours ago, Junctionmad said:

I was referring to Eastwood town 

edit : I do see a recent post that suggests Gordon is still at it. Wonderful news 

im not knocking anyone by the way , personally I’m a “ builder “ and hence I never finish layouts as I move to the next iteration. But I’m happy with that approach. So what if I never actually get a running layout. It’s about enjoying your hobby. If that’s stops get out of it. 

I realised that it was ET you were referring to, Gordon has (at least) two loves, at the moment the railway takes second place to golf. So its a case that the railway stops and starts

I am not talking about your good self but there are those who question why build kits. or why build in EM or P4 gauges, when there are perfectly good items available ready to run and in 00 gauge.

They totally ignore that firstly people like ourselves enjoy building things. 

Secondly they dismiss others taking up these standards simply down to the cost of converting their own stock, what has that got to do with it

The OP wants to try out P4, fine let's encourage them to have a go, P4 is not for me, but that is no reason for me to disagree with their decision 

Keep up the good work of enjoying building items, which ever scale or gauge