Dapol 00 CLASS 121 & 122

RBC

I've a spare Class 122 roof and wondering if it can be swopped over with the Class 121 effectively changing a BR Blue/Grey 121 to a 122 ?

I think physically it will but I'm not sure about the internal lighting, cab, headcode saloon etc.

Would the lights etc swop straight over or would mods/soldering (not my strong point) be reqd ?

I would have to renumber and change the exhaust pipes but from what I can see there is no or very little difference bodywise between the two, number of doors etc.

Any info would appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by RBC

Hi -

Recently I did the opposite, I converted a Class 122 into a 121, but basically its the same principal. The roof will indeed fit as Dapol have used a standard roof and bodyshell moulding. I would of offered the exhaust pipes to you as spares but unfortunately they were welded in so tight I literally had to destroy them to get them off!. Pictures below of how the model started out, the swap is straight forward,  and the PCB strip for the lights will work as nothing is being changed, just the roof

HTH

NL

thumbnail_DSC_0002.jpg

thumbnail__20191106_185157.jpg

Nick,

Thanks, that's good news.

Is there a trick to releasing the roof, I know it slides along a few mm then lifts out but I'm having difficulty in getting it to slide.

I've tried pushing a blunt edge against the roof lugs that are on the underside but no luck as yet.

Don't want to force in case I damage something.

Edited by RBC

Hi - The roof on mine takes alot of persuasion to get off, but it slides to one side and lifts out, it may be stiff, as I think Dapol have designed it not to be removed very often, I had to place the headcode box of mine on a flat surface and push it downwards just to get the off of whilst I airbrushed the roof the correct color and replace the under nourished ventilators

NL