Stockton Tramway

johna

Back in 2010 Chris Ellis of MTI fame built a layout  no bigger than 3 A4 sheets of paper. I decided to have a go myself but never did build it apart from pinning some track to a board.

This morning while bringing down our Christmas Tree from the loft I found the baseboard. The track is all settrack and I do remember my old 0-4-0's didn't like them however today's modern motors bogies don't seem to stall on the dead frogs so I may revive the layout. Could someone advise where I should be putting all the track feeds please.

I have included a photo of the track plan but I seem to remember Chris used a 12" fiddle stick extension to allow for two wagons and a loco.

This may a good time to use the new Peco point motors and experiment with automatic uncoupling.

IMG_20191211_153728.jpg

• Like 1

I'd say one in the centre, between the two Y points, and a second one to the left of the left hand point. I don't think you need any rail breaks with setrack so that should do it. 

I remember the Stockton Tramway from the old MTI forum, sadly that seems to have disappeared now. It was on of those relatively simple layouts that managed to have bags of atmosphere.