Peco static grasser

russ p

• RMweb Gold

Just started doing a bit of static grassing.  The peco grasser doesn't seem to have a lot of power grass not standing up as well as when I used a homemade one some years ago

Anyone got any tips for making this unit work well. 

I'm using WWS grass which is a bit irritating as it's in balls that need unraveling 

Cheers 

I never use static grass from the packet for this reason.

Get hold of a food mixer, empty all the packet into it and switch it on for 20 seconds. Problem solved.

Make sure that the lead from the Peco machine is attached firmly to a nail which in turn is embedded in your glue. I just use neat PVA it’s as good as any 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I've modified my peco one now by adding a copper wire from the contact inside the dispenser to the mesh it's a lot better.  I've noticed if you accidentally catch the mesh on the nail the resulting spark is nowhere near as big as the spark on the homemade one so probably less powerful 

The other advantage of the homemade one is the contents can be stirred into the sieve while applying grass

• RMweb Gold

The fly swatter I used was bought online from China,  its rechargeable and think its more powerful than the normal ones from pound shops

I've bought a cheap food mixer and will try that on the fibres for my next session