Stafford Railway Exhibition 1st & 2nd February 2020

ELTEL

• RMweb Premium

Well all has gone to plan today and over 80% of traders had arrived by 17:30 this evening  when I left.

Some great layouts and a few new traders including Model Railway Scenery with a great display.

All for now.

Terry 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Tarifa kindly asked me if I wanted to come up with them.... but was at Cardiff and Southampton last weekend, and Doncaster next weekend so am on decorating duties this weekend - needs finishing so Pierre le Brun can stay next weekend!

SWMBO says I could go Sunday if I have finished but thats pushing it - but does look a great show.....

On 30/01/2020 at 07:33, chrisf said:

In case it is of interest to anyone, I will be there on Saturday.  A cuppa with my cousin 88C is scheduled for mid-morning but other than that I could be anywhere.  As usual, it looks to be a good show.

Chris

Call by and say hello at Rossiter Rise 

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, ELTEL said:

Well all has gone to plan today and over 80% of traders had arrived by 17:30 this evening  when I left.

Some great layouts and a few new traders including Model Railway Scenery with a great display.

All for now.

Terry 

Is it this weekend Terry?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Exhibition Update - Nothing to Report 

23:00 Brexit Done

23:00 Football Transfer Deadline Day Closed

23:00 Local Pub Closed

23:00 No snow forecast 

23:00 Time for bed it redness to play trains at Stafford Railway Circles 2020 Exhibition

Shame about this evenings Stoke result.

Terry 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

I'll be heading up there tomorrow, so recommendations for the must-see layouts from those attending today would be welcome! In particular, given that I'll have my cat-loving daughter with me, any advance knowledge of which layouts feature cats (and where to see them) would be much appreciated :)

• RMweb Gold

Good show as usual, deadman’s lane 2 deep every time I passed by, excellent trade support as always

came away with a pair of flangeway snowploughs in NR livery (shame they only do one number though!) and a few bits for the layout 

no car park issues, firm ground in the grass so no one bogged down that I could see 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, ELTEL said:

Exhibition Update - Nothing to Report 

23:00 Brexit Done

23:00 Football Transfer Deadline Day Closed

23:00 Local Pub Closed

23:00 No snow forecast 

23:00 Time for bed it redness to play trains at Stafford Railway Circles 2020 Exhibition

Shame about this evenings Stoke result.

Terry 

Looked like a decent evening last night.

Brexit signed and done.

2 decent signings.

Then Stoke result spoiled it.

Never mind, looking forward to visiting on Sunday.

Having managed to get up at an early (for me, I don't normally do times beginning with "0") and having driven over from Wales in just over a couple of hours, I thoroughly enjoyed the show.  All involved with the organisation deserve a well deserved vote of appreciation for an extremely well organised show.  Plenty of space to move around, and even at the busier layouts you could see enough.  I noticed several visitors in wheelchairs who seemed to be catered for really well, and it was nice to see a lot of family groups as well.  Plenty to see, a lovely range of layouts (loved the 3mm section, and the variety of smaller, micro type layouts) and plenty to spend money on.  Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to Legomanbiffo about the Class 87 chip, he was too busy making money for a noisy Yorkshireman he had in tow, but, dare I say it, much more civilised, and pleasant, than another well known Midlands based exhibition.

The only downside was in the 20 or so years I've been out of the county I had completely forgot just how utterly useless Staffordshire Highways are at traffic light sequencing, had I remembered in time I would have got off the M54 at the A460, gone down to Rugeley to pick up the A51 and A518, and probably still been quicker than trying to cross town from the A449.  Hopefully next year, if the mountain pass isn't shut or Welshpool being washed downstream by the Severn, which at this time of the year usually cuts England off from civilisation, I'll make another mad dash across Wales to the show, well worth the effort.

Again, well done to all involved, a lovely "hidden gem" on the exhibition circuit.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

DL worked well today with the larger storage yard. Unfortunately there was a failure of the mainline signal controls discovered at Friday setup, so basic manual switches were installed to get them working again. Had a yellow/red bleed, but that's now sorted.

Same again Sunday. 

Cheers

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, newbryford said:

DL worked well today with the larger storage yard. Unfortunately there was a failure of the mainline signal controls discovered at Friday setup, so basic manual switches were installed to get them working again. Had a yellow/red bleed, but that's now sorted.

Same again Sunday. 

Cheers

Mick

I wondered if all the yellow stock was yours.  I enjoyed it.  In fact I was pleasantly surprised just how much modern-ish stuff was on exhibition, a nice change.