The London Festival of Railway Modelling- 21 & 22 March 2020

BRMExhibitions

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

It is pretty much unenforceable in law anyway.

And in reality. Unless you are going to have police issued with counters. 

As I understand the Scottish “ban” it is worded carefully knowing that there may not be a legal framework and that events “should be cancelled”. Which is not the same as banned. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Don't blame the media for this one, it will have come from a strategic leak from Whitehall.

This might just be me being cynical, but it is interesting that the news came within a couple of hours of Trump saying he might reconsider whether UK flights to the US can continue, depending on how things develop here.

Not suggesting that Ally Pally do this, because I think it's pointless as you can still pass on the virus while asymptotic, but interesting to note that my local Turkish restaurant posted on Facebook today that they would be taking the temperature of every customer wanting to come in and would refuse entry to anyone with a high temperature or who refused to be tested.

They didn't say where they would stick the thermometer.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

As a business we will have to wait for clarity on this issue before any further statement can be made. The timing over a weekend isn't ideal either with a few more days of fog for everyone. The news doesn't say when any directive will be made but undoubtedly there will be a short delay before we can issue a statement of confirmation and what the next processes for trade and ticket holders may be so please bear with the team.

There's a slim chance that nothing may be announced from government I guess or an effective ban date which may be after the event. Please do bear with us and the MRC during this stage.

Look on bright side.....7 to 14 days of isolation! Think of the 'hits' rmweb going to get !...plenty of quality modeling posts....

.....hundreds of useless quots and ....hundreds of re quotes....sorry hundreds +1....

Stay safe 

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, hobbyhorse said:

With the government going to pass emergency legislation about mass gatherings it looks like it will be cancelled.

So we need information posted quickly and information about refunds for prepaid ticket holders.

Simon

For crying out loud give them a chance!

• Like 1
  • Agree 17
  • Thanks 1

Re. Neill's post above. I decided a week ago that as someone at high risk I wouldn't be going but was thinking along Neill's lines. Presume just buying a ticket as normal would suffice toward costs or is there some way to make a donation. Perhaps Mr. York could advise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, hobbyhorse said:

With the government going to pass emergency legislation about mass gatherings it looks like it will be cancelled.

So we need information posted quickly and information about refunds for prepaid ticket holders.

Simon

Information can only be posted when there is some information to be posted.

You must have bought an awful lot of tickets for this to be more important to you than the health and well being of others, including your own family and friends. Get some sense of proportion.

Not a Liverpool supporter, of course, but a wonderfully dignified response from Jurgen Klopp yesterday. Football (and model railway exhibitions) is not more important than life or death.

• Like 10
  • Agree 8
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Petesquire said:

Re. Neill's post above. I decided a week ago that as someone at high risk I wouldn't be going but was thinking along Neill's lines. Presume just buying a ticket as normal would suffice toward costs or is there some way to make a donation. Perhaps Mr. York could advise.

It's a long time since I was an Exhibition Manager and responsible for the insurance. But, as I recall, this is a situation that would be covered by the insurance policies.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, hobbyhorse said:

Simon

Instead of landing in here like a bad tempered seagull go back and read my post from last night! 

You obviously didn't bother reading anything if you thought you were bringing us fresh news. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Petesquire said:

That's very thoughtful and thank you but don't worry, there's many more deserving causes out there! 

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Matt's cartoon in the Telegraph today, just referenced on Radio 4, seems appropriate.

A Downing Street spokesman, in front of the assembled media, advises "...if you show the early signs of becoming an armchair expert, you must self-isolate until 2021..."

• Like 15
  • Funny 3

34 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Instead of landing in here like a bad tempered seagull go back and read my post from last night! 

You obviously didn't bother reading anything if you thought you were bringing us fresh news. 

4 simple rules I find work to avoid me looking like a twit as much as possible:

• Read back to the last time your were on a thread to see whether anyone else has said the same
  • If you haven't been on the thread before, check the first page and the last couple so you at least have an idea of what's being said
  • Check whether what I'm saying actually adds any value
  • Be nice.

I fear I might have failed my own point 3....

• Like 14
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• AY Mod locked this topic
  • Moderators

Just as an interim reply we are monitoring the current press conference currently in progress and will issue a statement as soon as we can. Please bear with the team.

Content therein was lacking in specifics and centred upon 'advice'.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• AY Mod unlocked this topic
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, John M Upton said:

Is there the possibility of transferring my pre booked ticket to the Peterborough show instead?

Please bear us and we will look into this.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Statement as of 16.3.20

Warners Shows have decided to postpone the London Festival of Railway Modelling, 21-22 March 2020.

We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding events to the hobby and this decision was not reached lightly, but the right one for the health and safety of all involved. Naturally, we are all very disappointed and we are currently working with the venue to secure new dates.

Thank you to all the sponsors, exhibitors, layouts, societies and visitors for their continued support for the show during these exceptional circumstances.

We will shortly be making contact with everyone who is involved in the show to organise transfers / refunds.

Thank you for the confirmation, sad for the hobby that it has had to happen.

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1