Best alternatives to Busch H0f track

zkidtrain

Hello! I have been snooping on the forum for some time as a guest, and now finding myself wanting input from the excellent community as well.

I am desiring to build an H0f layout. I live in a small apartment with not the largest budget, and I designed a potential H0f layout, requiring about 0.7 x 1 m of space.

When I designed my layout, I used the Busch H0f system. I like their little engines (though I am looking for a more detailed steam loco) and the DC operation is simple and inexpensive.

However, when I went to purchase the necessary track, I found it would be over 700€. To say the least, that is a lot of money, and no used track seems available.

I wanted to know what would be the current best alternative to Busch track. I have read older threads that discuss how to build track for Busch locomotives with more affordable Peco Z-scale rail, but it seems there are no turnouts available by Peco these days.

Maybe the thread should be titled "best Z-scale track" instead, but I am willing to hear any excellent ideas for H0f scale. Thank you greatly!