Non-magnetic wheelsets for BR blue era coaching stock

9C85

I am in the process of building a BR Blue/ early sectorisation era parcels/carriage sidings layout and I have opted to use kadee couplings. I don't have a lot of stock at present. For my parcels stock, I have two new BG coaches (one Hornby and one Bachmann) which have the Kadee coupling in the NEM pocket.  I also have two old Hornby CCTS and a Lima GUV on which I have hacked off the tension lock couplings and fitted either the Kadee with the gearbox or built up  (down?) a base with plasticard and attached Hornby NEM pockets.  I have installed a delayed action uncoupling magnet at the entrance to the sidings and so far things are working pretty well on the fixed rake passenger train.  BUT, I have noticed that on the parcels stock, which is loose coupled, sometimes the last coach to be dragged over the magnet will detached  (like a slip coach). Further investigation revealed that the wheelsets are attracted by the strength of the magnet and this 'retards' the coach as it passes. Are there any commercially available non-magnetic wheelsets that I could use to replace the current ones? Thanks in advance 

This has been covered before, here for example. My favoured solution for the odd vehicle is to glue a small piece of foam to the underside of said offender so that it presses on the axle thereby introducing a little frag on the vehicle. Simple but effective.

• Thanks 1

On 15/12/2019 at 17:25, RexAshton said:

This has been covered before, here for example. My favoured solution for the odd vehicle is to glue a small piece of foam to the underside of said offender so that it presses on the axle thereby introducing a little frag on the vehicle. Simple but effective.

I have just obtained a decent amount of foam insert material from 'peli' cases (hardcases for cameras etc). I am going to use it for 'crash barriers ' at the ends of myself layout but I have just tried putting a small piece of foam between the axle and underside of the offending stock. I only tried it out by pushingthe stock by hand ( will try with locos later), but the both BGs and the CCTs behaved a lot better, but the lima GUV  needs a bit more work  (or I might stick it on the far end of a sidings with 'COND' written on it .  Thanks for the suggestion.