Train Tech ST10 sensors

Jim

Hi,

I’ve just installed some train tech st10 sensors.

Im using them to illuminate LEDs on a panel.

Im very impressed by them but have a couple of questions that you may be able to help with.

The first question is the sensors’ sensitivity, in outside curves with a stopped train, the sensors “loose” the train, worse with Mk1 coaches.

I was wondering if you are able to adjust the sensitivity to enable them to detect a higher chassis.

The other question is how to lock one sensor with another in advance, so the LED will stay illuminated until the train reaches the next sensor, just like their similar sensor signals.

Ive tried linking them as per the signals in their instructions but couldn’t get it to work.

Any ideas will be great.

cheers,

Jim

Ask David Palmer at TT direct. He is very helpful. sales@dcpmicro.com 

From memory of their catalogue there is another sensor that works together with other sensors just like their sensor signals. 

13 hours ago, RAF96 said:

Ask David Palmer at TT direct. He is very helpful. sales@dcpmicro.com 

From memory of their catalogue there is another sensor that works together with other sensors just like their sensor signals. 

Thanks, I’ll do that.

Ive worked out how to link them now but I’ll ask about the sensitivity of them.

jim

On 20/12/2019 at 12:32, arff999 said:

Hi Jim

Can you please explain how you did it .

John.

Sorry for the delay in answering.

I connected them in the same way as the signals.

Use the three raised connector terminals on the top of the sensor.

If you want to lock a LED indicator on,  after the train has cleared the sensor and go out when the next sensor in advance is cleared by the train, connect the nearest terminal of the first sensor to the second sensor using the terminal closest to the fist sensor.....

hang on...my waffle MCB has tripped!

I’ll post a picture.

It shows a sensor and a signal sensor. They are identical in the way they operate so the wiring linking them is the same.

In that diagram, the sensor on the left will “stay on” until the train clears the one on the right. 

What I do want to find out is, how to lock a sensor for a home signal to several other sensors on signals on different routes. So have three wires from different signals connected to one sensor.

BEA53505-27E6-4993-AB19-2B78D64C49D0.png